cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lights on router

robert1935
Grafter

Lights on router

When I switched my PC off on a night one of the green lights on my router switched off (The router is on 24/7) and when I switched the PC on in the morning it came back on, it was the Ethernet connection light, now when I switch the PC off ALL the green lights remain lit.
The only reason I mention this is because my usage has gone up suddenly  from 2/3gb to over over 6.87gb with most of the increase due to streaming, something I very rarely do, is  there any correlation between the two ?
I was also wondering is there a cap on usage?
Regards Bob
3 REPLIES 3
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Lights on router

Hello Bob. Now from what I remember of some of your previous posts (and connection problems) you have a Smart TV which you use - iPlayer etc I guess - that is Streaming. It only requires an hour or so of HD TV to use 2-3Gb.
As for the lights, if any other device is connected, certainly via ethernet, and that device is still on/in standy then the light will remain lit. But also check nothing is connected via Wireless and that your Wireless connection is secure and secured by a password that isn't a dictionary word.
As for limiting usage, try Manage my usage (login required).
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: robert1935

Just to confirm, no there is no cap on usage for the account you're on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tooslow
Grafter

Quote from: robert1935
When I switched my PC off on a night one of the green lights on my router switched off (The router is on 24/7) and when I switched the PC on in the morning it came back on, it was the Ethernet connection light, now when I switch the PC off ALL the green lights remain lit.
The only reason I mention this is because my usage has gone up suddenly  from 2/3gb to over over 6.87gb with most of the increase due to streaming, something I very rarely do, is  there any correlation between the two ?
Regards Bob

At least you got lights on your router.....oh how I wish for activation!  Tongue