cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light on router is blue but no internet connection!

Bldavies1992
Hooked
19 REPLIES 19
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Light on router is blue but no internet connection!

Hello @Bldavies1992

Sorry to hear you can't connect to the internet. Sad Can you login to the router at http://192.168.1.254 and let me know if the status is connected or disconnected?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Bldavies1992
Hooked

It says connected and the username is setup@plusdsl.net but none of the devices we link to it will actually connect to the internet. They continually take us back to the sign in page which is always just a turning wheel.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Ah ok. Can you try this guide to see if it helps?

1. Click on Advanced Settings
  2. Login with your admin password from the back of the router
  3. Click on Continue to Advanced Settings
  4. Select Broadband from the option above
  5. Click Disconnect
  6. Change the username to YourUsername@plusdsl.net
  7. Change the password to your account password
  8. And then click Connect

This should do the trick.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Bldavies1992
Hooked

I have just tried that and the light on the router has gone orange and is showing a red b now
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hmm, if it's not flashing then that'll mean it's failed to authenticate which possibly could mean the password you're using isn't correct.

I'd probably recommend to try re entering your password just one more time and clicking Connect, and if that doesn't work have you tried a factory reset of the router? Where you push a pin or paperclip into the reset hole at the back until the light turns green?

Bldavies1992
Hooked

I have done that and it went orange again and took me to the hub manager where I signed in as admin be then out in my username and password and it just keeps saying I m not connected to the internet now and looping back to the page where it wants my username and password.

In the meantime I logged into the plusnet site bad the password is definitely correct

The router currently has an orange light and a red b
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hmm. I'm not in the office at the moment so I can't check your account. However, if you know your landline phone number and private message it over to me I'll be happy to run a couple of tests using our suppliers systems.

Bldavies1992
Hooked

I have messaged you
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your PM.

I've run a few tests down your line and I'm not picking up any issues, except when I'm running a log check I'm seeing the username your router is still trying to connect with is SETUP@PLUSDSL.NET

I take it you've replaced the SETUP part with your account username?

Bldavies1992
Hooked

Yes I have. I just checked again and it is showing up as my username in advanced settings
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Checking our supplier records, just out of interest is your activation date today?

Bldavies1992
Hooked

Yes it is, I got a text saying it had been activated at about 4 this afternoon
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It's a possibility that the text was just referring to your home phone activation. Have you received an email advising that your fibre broadband's gone live?

If you haven't I would expect it to go live by midnight tonight. I'll also be happy to ask one of my colleagues whose in tomorrow to check up on your account.

Bldavies1992
Hooked

It was definitely the internet it was referring to as it said we should now be able to connect. We had the one about the phone on the 19th.

I would be grateful if you could ask and I will try it again tomorrow