cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy service: wrong reporting of usage

flinflon
Dabbler

Legacy service: wrong reporting of usage

I am on a legacy service of 10GB per month. I have received an email advising that I have reached limit. I checked my usage and this shows 8.73GB. Therefore I don't understand why I have been sent the email. Can anyone explain?

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Legacy service: wrong reporting of usage

Sorry to hear this.

I've carried out some work which should have resolved this for you.

Let us know if you're still having issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
flinflon
Dabbler

Thanks for response. Seems to have done the trick.

As an after thought, I could circumvent the usage monitoring issue by moving to unlimited broadband. I notice that John Lewis have a good fast internet offer that includes landline with possibility of adding all landline calls, UK and offshore. Their monthly charge is reasonable and for an additional £7 per month I can have all landline calls, UK and offshore, included.

The reason this has come to my notice is that John Lewis uses PlusNet (my wife works for John Lewis and drew my attention to their current offering). The only downside is that they do not have a mobile phone bolt on offer.

Am I correct in assuming that as JL uses PlusNet the migration to their internet service should be easy if not seamless. Or am I being too optimistic   

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Yes, JL uses PN but the migration is, or at least should be, seamless whatever provider you move to, especially if you are not changing your product, i.e. just moving your PN ADLS to JL ADSL, or PN Fibre to JL Fibre etc.  Inclusive overseas calls sounds very attractive, although they have come down in price over the past few years anyway.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@flinflon

There is no guarantee that any transfer would be seamless. If you would be happy with the JL deal and you are out of contract then simply ring Plusnet customer services and select the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option. Tell the agent the JL deal and ask for it to be matched. The chances are that you will get the same deal without the need to transfer.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'