Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Packages

Ryan
Dabbler

Legacy Packages

Hello,
I'm on Premier Option 1 from several years ago. I seem to go over the peak allowance every month (probably from BBC iPlayer) and I'm wondering if it is possible for me to upgrade to Premier Option 2 or 3, as I don't think they're offered anymore on the website? I don't fancy having my usage counted from 8am-midnight as is stated on the new packages. The one I am on only counts usage from 4pm-midnight which I would much prefer.
Thanks for any help,
Ryan
8 REPLIES 8
Emma
Grafter

Re: Legacy Packages

Premier Options 2 and 3 are legacy and are not generally available for upgrade. Premier Option 1 has 20Gb, with limits in place at 13 and 17Gb as well have a look at http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_premier1.shtml, are you sure Broadband Your Way Option 3 isn't better for you? 30Gb of usage for £19.99 so £2 less a month.
Have a look at http://usergroup.plus.net/070920_bbywcomp3.php there are significant improvements on download speeds at different times of the day. BBYW Option 3 is considerably better by the looks of it.
Maybe other people can comment as well?

pierre_pierre
Grafter

as Ryan said dont forget the different peak hour time from legacy to BBYW  i.e.  1600-2400 an 0800-2400
Ryan
Dabbler

Yes, thanks for the help Emma, but if I work this out simply without going into too much detail, 20gb to use over 8 hours a day is a lot more than 30gb to use over 16 hours a day. Then if I was to create my own package it seems to really start to rack up in terms of cost. I'd be tempted to move away from Plusnet, as while I think they used to cater to heavy users, they seem to have dropped that in favour of being one of these horrid all-in-one service providers. I want a dedicated ISP, not someone offering me telephone, TV and god knows what else! Sorry about that rant, but I do genuinely think the state of broadband is going downhill.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get put on a legacy package?
[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]
hulls
Grafter

I suspect the clue's in the term "legacy package".  My understanding is that Plusnet won't try to force a change in your contract, but if you choose to change your contract, then you will have to move to one of the current products.  Otherwise, every package they've ever offered would be effectively a current package.
John
Ryan
Dabbler

Yeah, I was expecting as much John, but just wanted it confirmed. Thanks for the help everyone. Anyway, before I leave this thread, does anyone know of any other decent ISPs that will allow a similar package to the old ones offered by Plusnet?
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: hulls
My understanding is that Plusnet won't try to force a change in your contract, but if you choose to change your contract, then you will have to move to one of the current products.  Otherwise, every package they've ever offered would be effectively a current package.
John

As I said before terms and conditions work both ways.  Some companies give you 30 days notice of a change in T&C and if you don’t reply in 30 days you have accepted the new conditions.  Plusnet did treat me well when I asked to stay on my old contract.
puddy
James
Grafter

Hi Ryan,
I've got a flashing red button that I can press at this end if you'd like to move onto one of the other legacy packages.
Drop me a PM with the details and I'll get it sorted for you.
Ryan
Dabbler

Thank you James, I've sent you a PM.