Latest Traffic Management Blog...

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Latest Traffic Management Blog...

...posted here:
http://community.plus.net/trafficmanagement/
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated on this or any of the previous posts. Also if anyone has any suggestions for topics that people would like to read about please feel free to suggest.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
2 REPLIES 2
LiamM
Grafter

Re: Latest Traffic Management Blog...

I really enjoy these articles.  Very intelligent and well informed analysis, not to mention exceptional explaination into what goes on to manage the broadband network.
What you do, directly affects the experience of end-users.  The fact PlusNet keep such a close eye on what is happening out there is one thing that puts PlusNet above other ISPs.
One thing that has really ramped up my own usage is not so much P2P TV shows, but rather things like Channel 4 On-Demand, the Channel 4 Simulcast, and the Beeb's iPlayer (albeit the iPlayer to a lesser extent due to lower availability of programmes).
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: Latest Traffic Management Blog...

They've not had much impact on me personally yet, I'm more likely to use Sky Plus at the moment than iPlayer or 4OD. There is certainly an appetite for them though and I can see that growing as time moves on. There are set top boxes on the way for iPlayer which could be a biggy, even more so when the Beeb and others open up the archives.
There are also content providers out there getting ready for streaming HD, that's still going to be a couple of years off at least but it's important to be able to see where things are going.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology