cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency increase for madasafish user

Apprentice
Grafter

Latency increase for madasafish user

Between 20CN IPSC WBC and not forgetting BT that's a lota lota of acronyms  Smiley
Anyhow since the network changes the one thing that has increased greatly for my connection is latency (ping times) so would I be right in thinking that this has something to do with the new routing compared to what went where before the WBC IPSC changeover?
Yes, I know I live a long way away from the servers  Tongue  Grin
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Latency increase for madasafish user

I do see step changes in the latency from time to time of a few ms. Presumably BT changing the routing. E.g. look at about 01:30 on here:

If you have seen a big jump is it because interleaving has been turned on on your line?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Apprentice
Grafter

Interleaving has always been "on" due to the line being 6.1 km long (according to an OR Hawk) to the 20CN exchange :), when the connection was 2Meg the ping times were in the mid twenties then upgraded to Max so ping times were around fortyeight ms now the times are around sixty ms on all the gateways I can jump onto.
I guess the main change has been going over to WBC and IPSC from the original IPStream over BT Centrals???
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I saw very little change when I moved on to IPSC.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Apprentice
Grafter

Power outage put paid to tbb BQM data collection (till I set it up again) as the IP is dynamic and not static  Roll_eyes
Don't know what all can increase latency by that much other than changes in routing by ISP and/or BT
Didn't Entanet have some network problems a few years ago when they went either WBC or WBCM?