cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large numbers of upstream errors after going to fastpath

LordFox
Rising Star

Large numbers of upstream errors after going to fastpath

I had interleaving turned off a few days ago, after my 'fine tuning' thread. Now I'm getting a sync of 8128 and a profile of 7150. I can definitely see the increase in speed when downloading from usenet. But...
Previously my modem showed very few errors in a 24 hour period (shown in parentheses below). Now it shows this after about two days on fastpath:
--> adsl show perf
Downstream :
  Noise Margin  : 13.5 dB
  Attenuation   : 1.0 dB
  Output Power  : 22
Upstream:
  Noise Margin  : 12.0 dB
  Attenuation   : 8.0 dB
  Output Power  : 9
--> adsl show rate
Data Path : Fast
  Downstream Bit Rate : 8128 Kbps
  Upstream   Bit Rate : 448 Kbps
--> adsl show error
Downstream :
  FEC : 0   (previously 56)
  CRC : 23   (previously 7)
  HEC : 23   (previously 7)
Upstream :
  FEC : 65532   (previously 2)
  CRC : 3   (previously 0)
  HEC : 64276   (previously 0)

I think the downstream is still OK (that's not many errors for about 40GB of download in two days) but I'm not so sure about the upstream. Is it a cause for concern and can I do anything about it? I'm currently using an old Solwise SAR715, in bridge configuration, which has always served me well.
Note that I have the modified Clarity NTE5 faceplate and the modem is plugged in right next to it. The network wire goes up the wall cavity to my rack in the loft. There shouldn't be any wiring issues.
Cheers,
Rick.
1 REPLY 1
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Large numbers of upstream errors after going to fastpath

I would not be worried at all with those figures after 2 days if you transferred that much data.
Interleaving stabilises the connection by re-arranging the data to reducing errors so it is no surprise to see an increase after it is removed.