cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large amount of outbound packet loss

smtk

Large amount of outbound packet loss

The last 2 months I've noticed bad periods during the day of pack loss and a ping spike because of it. It affects the upload the most and at busy times of the day and within the last week has become drastically worse which is preventing me from enjoying VOIP and gaming.
Seems the issue lies direct with plus net annoyingly i raised the issues with them before the bank holiday weekend did the tests they ask and a few extra ones attached them to the ticket however the CS failed to spot the attachment asked for them again now we're stuck on bank holiday and I haven't been able to enjoy any kind of gaming or chatting to friends over voip.

It seems lo0-central10.pcl-ag07.plus.net is the problem. A friend who's a network engineer at a large Swedish service provider said the results were shocking bad and he was surprised my internet was even still working...
3 REPLIES 3
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Large amount of outbound packet loss

Unfortunately your conclusion is inaccurate. PCL-AG07 is your current gateway with PN but there are many paths between you and the gateway (that are not visible in your mtr) where these packets could well be being lost. If there was zero from pcl-ag07 and loss seen further down then you could well surmise that PlusNet were at fault.
Clearly the fault is more likely a problem with your line or some local BT exchange fault. I would advise that you raise a fault via the Broadband Troubleshooter ASAP so the faults team can get on to this sooner.
That's RPM to you!!
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

76% packet loss is so bad I doubt you'd be able to load a single web page if that figure is accurate. Try ping in a command prompt.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi smtk,
I'd suggest running through our faults wizard and our faults team will take a closer look.