Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K guard cctv and technicolor router

nikda123

K guard cctv and technicolor router

Hi all
first post so be gentle
been trying for a while to connect my cctv (k guard ns401) to my technicolor tg582n router
my router says port fowarding is done ? but still cant get it to function correctly
have followed loads of website advice on this with no joy ?
i have set up a static ip address
it will work over a lan via wifi on both a laptop and phone, however as soon as i try to connect to using the k view software or via my phones 3g network it doesnt work ?
most frustraiting as plusnet are sadly no help at all they dont support port fowarding and they dont seam to be able to supply technicolor contact details
once i have solved this is have a heatmiser boiler control to connect so any advise on this would be good
any one got any advise thanks 
8 REPLIES 8
TBag
Grafter

Re: K guard cctv and technicolor router

I'll try, though by the sound of your post you may have already tried what I'm about to say  Smiley
I have an IP camera installed, has an static IP address in the private range, e.g. 192.168.xxx.xxx. It has a port assigned e.g. 80xx.
Connecting from with lan, no problem. To connect from outside, I port forward its port ie 80xx, and assign it to the inside ip address i.e. 192.168.xxx.xxx.
That's all. Works a treat. Apologies if you've gone through all that.
PS: I do have the same router as yours, and the port forwarding does work.
EDIT: To connect from outside, eg from your mobile internet (make sure wifi is off on your mobile), you have to connect to your public ip address, but I'm sure you are doing that already.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Set the CCTV system to get an IP address via DHCP and then set the router up to always offer the same IP address.
Port forwarding doesn't seem to work with the PN supplied router unless it has provided the IP address.  Setting the device manually doesn't work...
nikda123

thanks for replys
sadly i am still trying to sort this and still cant get it to work
when i purchased the router i was told it would support port forwading i am begining to think it doesnt ?
i have set the cctv to dhcp but it doesnt give a ip address and the router doesnt seam to either
this router is such a pain and plusnet dont help at all as they dont support this not impressed
any more surgestion
TBag
Grafter

when i purchased the router i was told it would support port forwading i am begining to think it doesnt ?

Reset the router to factory defaults, and start all over again, that's all I can think of, if your router is not working as it should.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

The router does support port forward, take pwatson's advice and ensure the device is set to "automatically obtain a IP address"
This site should help with PF:
http://www.o2help.co.uk/router-port-forwarding/
nikda123

Ok thanks for the replys
i am slowly getting somwhere with this
got it working over ports 80 and 9000 but still wont work over my mobile on port 18004 even though the settings are the same ?
getting confused now going to have a break will check in later hopefully someone has surgestions
thanks
TBag
Grafter

If your set your cctv to port 9000, and it is working on this port, then you have to use that same port ie 9000 on your mobile and any other device to connect to your cctv camera.
Oer26

Did you get any joy with this issue?
Seems to be quite a common problem, I have the same CCTV but different router, thought would ask before starting new Post.
Cheers