cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just upgraded to premium. A couple of questions.... Ticket raised - 31638277

jagger
Grafter

Just upgraded to premium. A couple of questions.... Ticket raised - 31638277

I know this info is out there somewhere but I can't find it again (after a year or more).So before I go hassling support.....
1/. I've just upgraded from the old 2 Mbit Premier to the latest  Premium service.I've been billed but my line speed is still reading as 2 Mbit although the rating is for around 4 Mbit. Is this just my profile setting at Plusnet or do I have to wait for all the BT stuff to happen? I requested the change a while ago now but it's just happened on my billing date.
2/. I've got a static IP and would like to keep it if possible.Do I need to ask for this to happen?
Ta in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Just upgraded to premium. A couple of questions....

You may still be on the fixed speed service as changing products won't necessarily change that.
Easy way to check is the upstream speed reported by your router - if it isn't 448kbps then you aren't on the up to 8Mb service
jagger
Grafter

Thanks Jim,
Just checked and am still on 288 kbps  upwards and 2272 kbps downwards so I'd guess nowt has changed on my profile except the reduced fees.
I found out that I'll keep my static IP and huge website space from the legacy product but being a bit senior I've lost the link.
I'm not in a great rush but would like to try the HD streaming from iplayer.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Either raise a ticket asking to go onto Max or wait for a Comms member to pick it up
jagger
Grafter

Thanks again Jim. I'll go raise a ticket.
(Ticket raised  -  31638277 )
jagger
Grafter

Re: Just upgraded to premium. A couple of questions.... Ticket raised - 31638277

In the absence of any  reply on my ticket after two days......
bumpety bump.
Ticket raised  -  31638277
Please.Should be an easy one to sort out guys.