Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up, after some info if you could

blinky
Grafter

Just signed up, after some info if you could

Hi all,
Just signed up for the PN Pro package, transferring across from the awful sky broadband.  I have a few questions and was wondering if someone knew the answers.
1. What is the upload speed for the pro package?
2. are these detail ok for a good connection speed and low ping (something I have real problems with)?
ADSL Link                 Downstream     Upstream
Connection Speed     7616 kbps       448 kbps
Line Attenuation         32.0 db             22.0 db
Noise Margin             5.9 db             21.0 db
3. Have all games got priority? or is there a list of currently prioritised games?
Hopefully I will have a cracking connection for gaming as I really want to get back into killing.
Cheers in advance people.
Blinky
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Just signed up, after some info if you could

1. All ADSL Max products have an upload speed of 448Kbs. You could in the past pay extra for a faster (832Kbs) but not sure if that is still possible.
2. They are the maximum sync speeds you will get on ADSL 1. There are possible options if your area supports ADSL2 / 21CN connections which may give you a better downstream speed (but not upstream) but I would wait and see how things go before looking at those options.
Ping times are not related to sync speeds or the package you are on (i.e. Pro does not give you a better ping time so say unlimited). You will just have to wait and see what you get. The default, I believe, is to have interleaving on so if you find your ping times are high, request via a ticket (question) to get interleaving turned off which should help with game pings.
3. Pro does not have any traffic shaping so all games (known or unknown by PlusNet) have equal priority.
Be3G
Grafter

Actually, a couple of corrections/additions to that...
Re. point 1, Max Premium is available for about £8 per month, but one can also sign up for PN's 21CN trial (if one is on a 21CN-enabled exchange) and get as fast an upload speed as one's phone line will allow.
And concerning point 3, when on Plusnet Pro, recognised games will get titanium priority whereas unrecognised games will receive the gold priority. (Pro's difference being that on other products unrecognised games would be relegated to silver.) For a list of recognised games, check this thread.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

somebody might say welcome to the forums (or are they waiting until you are on PN CrazyCheesy
James
Grafter

Not a massive amount that I can add to this that hasn't already been said Smiley