cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just moved from value fibre to extra fibre - Training period??

delem
Grafter

Just moved from value fibre to extra fibre - Training period??

I’ve just upgraded from value fibre with the pro add on to extra fibre with pro add on.
Just moved over to the new offering on extra fibre and the transition was very smooth. Thanks PN.
Is there a new “10 day training period” for the line now that this change is in place? I am currently seeing speeds in the region of
Down 41Mbps / Up 13 Mbps using the BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Tester.
The download is a little better than before the change when I was getting 31 to 34 Mbps although the Upload has now improved to 13 Mbps
I did power cycle the modem and router after the completion of change was advised.
Tests were done on a wired connection using a Netgear WNR1000 router.
I did opt to take up the free Technicolor TG582n router but havent tried this yet.
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Just moved from value fibre to extra fibre - Training period??

Are those speeds wired or wireless? Try using an ethernet cable if you're currently wireless and see if the speed increases.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
delem
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Yep the tests were on a wired connection.
Do I take it that there is no training period when changing from value fibre to extra fibre?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

There is no training period with the product change you have done.
I'd suggest trying the Technicolor TG582n router and see if there is any improvement, still using it with an ethernet cable.