cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined Plusnet and awaiting broadband activation. Why so long?

deejayburnout
Grafter

Just joined Plusnet and awaiting broadband activation. Why so long?

Peeps
Hello Plusnet.
I have just joined the service and excited to be here.  Just came from Sky who promised the world (20meg d/l) and gave me (4meg d/l).
Just moved home and I ordered my broadband weeks before the move,  however due to the previous owners cancelling the line, this mucked up my order.
Now I have my router and I had my broadband order placed,  I have to wait until the 11th until activation.
Why does it take so long?
I have also read on here that some people can get activated earlier simply by calling in and the operator doing this. Some even get activated earlier without calling in.
Has anyone had experience of this and if so how did they go about getting an early activation.
The kids are screaming for Netflix and I cannot get on steam to play warthunder.
Any help would be awesome.
Thanks
Chris.
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Just joined Plusnet and awaiting broadband activation. Why so long?

if you plug the router in which lights are green
deejayburnout
Grafter

Hi.
Going from left to right,  the first 3.
deejayburnout
Grafter

Can anyone advise?Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

There are two possibilities
Your router isn't configured correctly
It hasn't been activated at Plusnet
For the first one can you check what the router settings are - if it is a Plusnet supplied one this link should get you there http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/is/_pppoa_/ov/?be=0&l0=2&l1=2&name=Internet
deejayburnout
Grafter

thanks
will check when I get home
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Chris,
Unfortunately the lead times are given to us by our suppliers and from time to time, work can be carried out quicker than they anticipate so I can appreciate where you're coming from.
I've taken a look at your order and can see that it's still in a 'Committed' state which means that it's been accepted by our suppliers and is still in their work stack to be completed by the end of the day on 11/04/2014.
P.S - Never played warthunder, I assume it must be good! Couple of DayZ players here Smiley
deejayburnout
Grafter

Hi Thanks for the update a few days ago.
War thunder is good and very addictive. I have spent many a Friday night with my Clan playing away.
Can I please have an update on of the connection of my line as my wife is becoming a pain in the A** as she keeps asking why its not done. I understand the date is Friday but in the off chance it been done early, can someone please check.
you will make my life a lot easier right now.
Thanks
Chris
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi deejayburnout,
Just checked on this for you and the order is due to complete anytime up to midnight tomorrow 10/04/2014. We advise that activation may be the day later to allow time for the order to complete and the information passed to us so that your account is activated.
To be on the safe side you can advise your wife that it should be up and running on Friday morning and if it happens to activate tomorrow then that's a bonus! Smiley
deejayburnout
Grafter

Quote from: Linn
Hi deejayburnout,
Just checked on this for you and the order is due to complete anytime up to midnight tomorrow 10/04/2014. We advise that activation may be the day later to allow time for the order to complete and the information passed to us so that your account is activated.
To be on the safe side you can advise your wife that it should be up and running on Friday morning and if it happens to activate tomorrow then that's a bonus! Smiley

Thanks for this. I will tell her.