cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just half a meg more

robert1935
Grafter

Re: Just half a meg more

To check the bell wire means me taking the MS of the wall and at this moment in time I can not get at the MS to unscrew it.
robert1935
Grafter

Have taken the MS to bits the bell wire is not connected, my wife has just walked into the bedroom saw the mess and said we will do without the TV  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well do it in your own time Robert or get your BT friend to. You shouldn't need to take the Master socket off the wall, it's just the lower front plate and the wires should be connected to the back of it, make sure you don't disturb or accidentally pull out wires from terminals 2 & 5.
I'm assuming that your incoming BT cable goes straight to the Master socket (not to the extension) that goes to the back plate at the back of the box. (In any event,  terminal 3 shouldn't be connected anyway).
But don't forget before you remove the front plate, use the Disconnect method before unplugging the modem/router.
Anotherone
Champion

Looks like our posts crossed.
Anotherone
Champion

Can you post up the Stats again, it'll be interesting to see how they have changed in the last half hour.
robert1935
Grafter

Yep, Just checked speed with BT speed test, now showing 3.06
But when I try to run diagnostics I get this message.
robert1935
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Can you post up the Stats again, it'll be interesting to see how they have changed in the last half hour.

The Latest
Anotherone
Champion

Well if you still have that Tap3 Window/Tab open I'd try it out of curiosity - the Tap3 test doesn't normally present itself unless your download speed is way below the expected speed for your line, so it must think you should be getting 20Mbps or something stupid, unless of course that 3.06 was kbps not Mbps (only joking). Me being curious, I'd run it, but I suspect the test won't actually run, you'll just end up on the standard default BT Wholesale page.
As for the stats, well they look slightly better in one respect, that the SN Margin is better, but I get the impression you may have removed the front plate off the master without doing the Disconnect method because there is a Loss of Signal error there as well as lots of Error seconds. If you did that - tut tut. If not well, the connection has dropped in the interim. How stable it will be remains to be seen, but I'm not holding out much hope atm.
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

The latest stats look a bit better than the one posted less than an hour ago following disconnection when you took the face plate off.  CRC counts look a tad high to me for a non-interleaved line,  so it won't be a surprise if DLM intervenes and turns on interleaving and/or raises the noise margin back to 6db within next 3 days.
I'd be inclined to leave the Plusnet router plugged in overnight, and then check the modem line stats in the morning.

When you were using the BT biz hub, did you use the ADSL cable which was plugged into the Plusnet router, or use the ADSL cable which came with the BT biz hub ?
I'd be tempted to try the BT hub again for curiosity given we did see 4.2mbps on ADSL1, but not at this point in time.  It could perhaps have been a faulty microfilter and/or ADSL cable to the hub for all we know.
ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
robert1935
Grafter

Yes I did just that, couldn't see the bell wire just taking the front plate of so without thinking I disconnected  it SLAP WRIST!!"!!!
Anotherone
Champion

It could be worth trying zzZzz's suggestion in 2 or 3 days time using the current filter and cable out of curiosity, depending on what happens in the meantime.
robert1935
Grafter

Quote from: zzZzz
The latest stats look a bit better than the one posted less than an hour ago following disconnection when you took the face plate off.  CRC counts look a tad high to me for a non-interleaved line,  so it won't be a surprise if DLM intervenes and turns on interleaving and/or raises the noise margin back to 6db within next 3 days.
I'd be inclined to leave the Plusnet router plugged in overnight, and then check the modem line stats in the morning.

When you were using the BT biz hub, did you use the ADSL cable which was plugged into the Plusnet router, or use the ADSL cable which came with the BT biz hub ?
I'd be tempted to try the BT hub again for curiosity given we did see 4.2mbps on ADSL1, but not at this point in time.  It could perhaps have been a faulty microfilter and/or ADSL cable to the hub for all we know.

I will leave the TG connected for a couple of days but if the speeds stop as they are ......Well.....
The same cables were used all the time. the ADSL cable was put on when I was with BT
robert1935
Grafter

Just tried BT diagnostics again this time it worked OK  Lips_are_sealed Lips_are_sealed Lips_are_sealed
I am now going to tidy up before the wife walks in here again,  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion

2.97 hmm that's 30kbps short Robert, or will the TV work with that ? You'll have to watch that your wife doesn't flog it when you aren't looking  Huh
robert1935
Grafter

Just tried the TV, it stutters along at less than 3 meg, not watchable.
Just noticed I have put the MS front plate on upside down but It can stop like that!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards Bob