cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just half a meg more

robert1935
Grafter

Re: Just half a meg more

These are Bt diagnostic Test, believe it or not the tv works at 3+ but not below, so near and yet so far, looks like I will be off back to BT.  Cry
robert1935
Grafter

Diagnostic Test, the TV will work at 3+ but not at 2-97 !!!! so near yet so far, looks like I will be heading back to BT
robert1935
Grafter

I thought things were OK, for the past 6hrs I have had speeds in excess of 3.19, been getting some use out of my smart TV, then the TV started stuttering checked my speed and it was down to 2.75 AAAAAAAGGGGGH
Went to members center and found this, what exactly does this mean.

How does one delete a post, as my avatar says I am a PC dummie!!!!!!!!
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

You can't delete posts, but you can open old posts to edit - just delete the text and any attached images and replace with a simple message 'deleted', then save the post.
Is 2.75 reported by the page in Member's area, or by the TG582N router?

If you still have your BT business hub, I suggest you give that a try but it sounds like you need some help to set it up with your Plusnet username and password?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought you were waiting for your line to change to ADSL2+, to see whether the sync rate goes up.  Huh
Quote from: robert1935
the manager ... had personally changed me over to ADSL2+, but it would take approx 5 days for it to become effective.
So will keep my fingers crossed.  Smiley 

What does the modem say today ? still "DSL Type:  ITU-T G.992.1" ?
robert1935
Grafter

I am waiting to be updated to ADSL2+but that doesn't happen until possibly Sunday, just trying to get a bit of info on speeds and things that influence them.
I just can not get my head round all the different graphs  that seem to give conflicting info, when I was with BT as I have said before I had speeds of 3.5 and over regular. and when I first started with Plusnet I was very happy 3.3+ constant, so what's happened.
PN promised me the same speeds as BT....hasn't happened      PN told me 3 times I was ADSL2+.... I aren't.  on 3 separate occasions I was told that tweaks had been applied to increase the speeds...hasn't happened. as I said I am waiting for the email to arrive to tell me that I have been changed over to ADSL2+, should I HOLD MY BREATH.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt if you will get a notification email, your best bet is to keep checking your modem stats once a day, and if nothing changes by Monday then kick up a fuss !
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Also have a look at your tickets here https://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?p=search for other information.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
robert1935
Grafter

Being new I didn't know anything about tickets, I didn't know I had raised one, what is a ticket, is it PNs way of defining a complaint ? not once during this thread does anyone refer to a ticket, I thought that PN staff were ignoring me, or in some cases fobbing me off.  Embarrassed
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Tickets are our written queries - we don't use emails as they're not saved on your account (whereas your ticket history is). Having said that though, you should have been receiving updates to your email address saying that your ticket has been updated?
Either way, if you visit the link Strat posted above you should be able to see all your tickets on the account and comment or return to our support team the ones that are still open.
Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a staff member check whether 'robert1935' has had his line upgraded to ADSL2+, or whether the order to do so has been placed ?.
I think the previous misinformation and lack of communication is causing a lack of trust and confidence, which could easily be remedied with just a little help.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
The order was placed on Sunday as stated, however while the service has been moved to 21CN it's at ADSL speeds. I'm not sure whether moving to ADSL2+ would make any difference given the current speeds but would be willing to place the order if you wish - bear in mind though that any speed increase is likely to be extremely minimal on top of what's being received already. It would complete tomorrow though if placed today.
@Robert1935 please let us know if you'd like to go ahead with this given the above?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

The order was placed on Sunday as stated, however while the service has been moved to 21CN it's at ADSL speeds

Hang on a minute, I've just come to this thread and reading through from start to finish, something here doesn't make sense Huh
Back at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115276.msg993597.html#msg993597 did we not have a BT speedtest that showed he was already on 21CN according to the IP Profile ?
The router stats at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115276.msg993617.html#msg993617 tend to indicate he was already on an ADSL1 profile.
I wouldn't have thought the provisioning would change from 20CN to 21CN ( and certainly not back from 21CN to 20CN!! ) on a migration from BT to PlusNet. Maybe the profile could have changed from ADSL2+ to ADSL1 but I would have thought it was just a routing change.
@Robert1935, I would suggest ( as others have before ) that you get the BT Business hub configured and connected before anything else is changed. It's quite posible that it will make a significant improvement.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

robert1935
Grafter

Thank you all.  I must confess that all the facts and figures are really confusing but  I would like anything (or at least try everything) that gets me to 3meg or above, I am going to find the BT hub I used out and unlocked, then all things will be equal to when I had the higher speeds with BT, if things don't improve then I shall be happy that everything has been done, can be done
I have the BT hub in front of me now, it is a 2701HGV-C but not sure how to unlock it.
Regards Bob
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

The details on unlocking that are here http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/063.htm

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.