cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its me again, with ANOTHER awful speed complaint!

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Its me again, with ANOTHER awful speed complaint!

Well, still no change in SNRM and sync speed Sad   One thing we can say, your connection is currently stable!!  Huh
Dan had to put a manual order in to BTw, so as we know they are not the most efficient organisation in the world, don't hold your breath Crazy
Joking apart, can we check a couple of other things whilst we are waiting for this to happen.
Is the filter plugged directly into the Master socket - no extension leads?
Is the modem/router plugged directly into the filter using it's original lead?
I asked if there were any other phone sockets in the flat other than the 3 that you've mentioned - in the part of it that used to be another flat? You didn't mention if there was.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

The filter is plugged in directly into the master socket and the router is also plugged in directly into the filter using the original leads yes. The 3 sockets i mentioned are the only ones in the house there are no more sockets anywhere since the maisonette was built with a completely new design inside not leaving any of the old features, sockets etc of the previous flats. All wirings from the 3 flats that turned into one maisonette had to be redirected and wired up again to fit the design and architecture of the new maisonette. So where previous sockets would have been no longer exist since like i said they designed it completely new.
Anotherone
Champion

OK, that should have it all covered. When the Reset happens, the errors figures on the Stats may need looking at.
Look out for these changes when the reset happens, as mentioned before -
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:   6.5 / 15.5 ............  the 15.5 to change to 6 hopefully
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:   1,155 / 4,216   ..........    the 4,216 change to something nearer 10000 hopefully.
Is the modem/router that you have the TG585 or the TG582n?
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Its the TG585 v8
Anotherone
Champion

It's getting a bit long in the tooth that model. Can you look at what firmware version it is?
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Is it this:
Software Release: 8.2.7.8
Anotherone
Champion

That's certainly the latest. In case the error rate continues at an unacceptably high rate after the reset, you should consider borrowing another modem/router to check things if you aren't keen on getting a replacement just yet.
DanHodby
Grafter

Following the profile change to 6db, I've attached the status check.
I'm also placing a modify order to up cap your upstream now.
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for the update Dan. That downstream speed is very disappointing to say the least.
I think it'll be time to try another modem/router.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

You're doing a grand job there AO. I've been watching with interest. I honestly thought, like you, that the bell wire and a reset would have sorted it.
Interesting that the router seems to only want to sync at G.992.3 rather than 5, maybe it is a router issue... be useful to see the latest stats in more detail.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

Yep, that's what I'm waiting for now, but been watching those errors for a while, but didn't want it getting in the way of sorting the wiring first.
Of course the line may be a bit rubbish as well (or the Master socket knackered) but I'm not giving up hope based on that random 13M that was mentioned in another thread. Another modem/router will show if there's a need to get a fault investigation on the line/master socket.
There is another option to try possibly before that as far as the speed goes, but we'll see.
Anotherone
Champion

Hi ashrafmiah93, what are the latest DSL stats looking like then?
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

I feel like were getting much closer to resolving my nightmare. I dont want this thread to end up like my old threads where i ask for help and a few replies later nothing happens until a few months later i comeback with a new thread asking for help. I want to fix this damn problem once and for all! Like ive said countless times, Anotherone im overwelhmed by your determination and helping hand into solving my broadband issue and cant thank you enough for how much youve done so far!
I wouldve considered borrowing a router but none of my neighbours or friends have spare routers i could use everyone i know is using the default router given by their ISPs unless theyre kind enough to go without internet for a few days which i doubt Lol! Is it possible for Plusnet to supply a router?
and stats are here:
Uptime: 0 days, 6:13:09
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,144 / 6,224
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 443 / 6,232
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 133.69 / 2.56
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 19.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 21.5 / 36.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 27.0 / 6.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 589,818 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 786,451 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 2,658
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 11 / 2,404

UPDATE!: Did a speediest and I'm getting 5mbs now hmm
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
4.05 Mbps

0 Mbps 7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 4.05 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 5.5 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
0.03 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.03Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps
Getting poor upload speeds tho it seems hmm...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Quote from: MisterW
Interesting that the router seems to only want to sync at G.992.3 rather than 5, maybe it is a router issue...

Is this actually a decision left to the router to make or is a service provision restriction / configuration?  I synch on ADSL 2 only.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.