cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with connection

alanwarren

Issues with connection

I have recently just got plusnet broadband for my dad who is 70yrs old. Since it has been activated he cannot get internet for more than 10 seconds then it disconnects. We have tried everything to resolve the issue. Engineer socket...........new router.......... changed laptops.................ethernet cable........but it still does not work. The internet light just flashes then becomes solid then computer wireless the drops out. I have noticed today after putting router directly into engineer socket that the router broadband light is flashing and no internet light.
We have had BT around today who could not find any fault with the line. I have took his laptop to my house and has worked fine with no issues connected to my wireless network. I have then took my laptop to his and noticed issues with dropping connection but not as much. I am running Vista and so is my dad.
Plus net state that from their records the interenet has only dropped a few times. He has got what I think is the Thompson router in white but not sure, this is the second router we have had to resolve the issue.  CAN YOU HELP PLEASE  Undecided
5 REPLIES 5
alanwarren

Re: Issues with connection

I was wondering if plus net can do a fireware upgrade at your end to see if that resolves problem with router, it seems that this type of router is suffering all kinds of issues. Cheesy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

a username or ticket number will be needed for Plusnet to identify the account
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Alan,
If you want me to upgrade your Dad's firmware then send me a private message with his username and I'll look into it.
Jojo Smiley
alanwarren

username  to follow via pm
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The username you gave me was the same as this one so I take it you are messaging through your Dad's account? The router I checked on the username you gave me already has the latest firmware version. Smiley