cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with connection while NOT connected to VPN

SpaceHedgehog

Issues with connection while NOT connected to VPN

I've lost connection to the internet on all devices at home around 20:00 on Thursday. The odd thing is on a PC with Nord VPN installed I can access the internet once the VPN connection is established.

I can't access it on any phone or PC without any VPN software. The symptoms are odd:

- Accessing certain domains lands me in the Routers Config screen (192.168.1.254) for example www.wp.pl

- Attempt to connect to most domains end with a: Connection was reset in the browser window

trace without VPN:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>tracert www.reddit.com

Tracing route to reddit.map.fastly.net [151.101.1.140]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms PNHUB1 [192.168.1.254]
2 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms 412.xe-2-2-0.plusnet.psb-bng02.plus.net [84.93.253.232]
3 151.101.1.140 reports: Destination protocol unreachable.

Trace complete.

Trace with VPN goes through fine.

The router shows that it's connected to the internet and it provides me with an internal (192.168.X.X) IP correctly.

I use Open DNS and the names resolve correctly when I ping URLs both when connected to the VPN and when not connected.

I've tried flushing the dns cache, ipconfig -renew, soft and hard router resets, setting the IPv4 connection details manually but no dice.

Since every single device I have cant connect to the internet it has to be the router or a problem with plusnet. Any ideas what might be up?

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Issues with connection while NOT connected to VPN

Sorry to hear that. I can see you called in regarding this and it's now sorted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team