Did you mean: 

Issues in Bingley(BD16)

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Issues in Bingley(BD16)

You can log a fault with us at http://faults.plus.net
We've lots of Faults Guides here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119921.0.html
delaneya
Grafter

Day 5 and BT have put the issue back on there fault list. Chap at work who is also with plusnet and lives up road has same issues as me. Can't someone phone BT and find out what is really up with the exchange?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately it's not quite a simple as that.
Our suppliers will need to do their own investigation to locate the root cause of this issue. In the meantime, I would urge any affected customers connected to this exchange to raise a fault with us at http://faults.plus.net so we can investigate each fault individually as well a potential exchange issue.
RufusStBernard

I raised a fault yesterday and as chat went down path of its a prob on my end as PN support desk said nothing saying any problem else where. I asked about all other people in bingley and was told we can not correlate one users issues to another. Which is very very odd to me.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The more evidence we have to support there is an issue with the exchange, the better.
RufusStBernard

Internet connection down to 0.14mbps to the point it is impossible to get on any site let alone speedtest sites without browser timeout to perform the tests I was advised of to provide to faults team.
I am now having to resort to posting this note via my 3G connection on EE. It is also disappointing that with all this hassle and constant time wasting, after I log a fault I got no notification of my Ticket number and I had to ring up and sit for 45mins at 11pm last night just to get the ticket number. Now when I go back onto PN fault site it just says "We have got all info etc etc" no notification of my ticket number??. Which if of interest to anyone at PN is 83013955
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RufusStBernard,
I'm sorry for the problems you're having with your connection.
If you visit http://contactus.plus.net you should be provided with the Ticket ID and the status of the ticket too.
Your Fault Ticket will be picked up by the Faults Team within 24-48 hours.
delaneya
Grafter

Quote from: RufusStBernard
Internet connection down to 0.14mbps to the point it is impossible to get on any site let alone speedtest sites without browser timeout to perform the tests I was advised of to provide to faults team.
I am now having to resort to posting this note via my 3G connection on EE. It is also disappointing that with all this hassle and constant time wasting, after I log a fault I got no notification of my Ticket number and I had to ring up and sit for 45mins at 11pm last night just to get the ticket number. Now when I go back onto PN fault site it just says "We have got all info etc etc" no notification of my ticket number??. Which if of interest to anyone at PN is 83013955

Have you got a update from your ticket? I have not got anything yet but will update when I do. Chap at work has got a update and there are sending out an engineer. I hope this does not drag on much longer.
delaneya
Grafter

Rebooted router and it looks to be working for now.
RufusStBernard

Hi delaneya,
I have just picked up a text message to say they called (Landline NOT preferred mobile number given or daytime or nightime number if PlusNet are reading this ~sigh~) to say they need to send an engineer out. I can not sit waiting on yet another call queue so I hope one of the support crew see this and phone me ON MY MOBILE, at least they won't have to listen to 30mins of music waiting if they don't reach me.
Oh joy having to take a full day of work just to play the lottery with Engineers turning up.
It does not make sense that 3 people (that we know of) have had exactly the same problem and symptoms over the same period and its all individual problems with each customers line or setup. It is about as probable as being hit by lightning 3 times in the same day.
Thank you for initiating this thread as I would be more frustrated by this if I didn't know others had same issue in Bingley, and made to often feel it is "all my fault" which insults my intelligence and my profession as in IT and Telecoms.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you could update your fault ticket at http://contactus.plus.net with your availability, I'd be happy to get you an engineer booked in when I get into the office tomorrow.
and made to often feel it is "all my fault" which insults my intelligence and my profession as in IT and Telecoms.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. It's really difficult to prove there's a specific exchange issue unless people tell us about it. It can quite easily be 3 seperate line faults, or could be a fault at the cabinet or as you say, the exchange.
We certainly don't to come across as blaming you for the problem at all. All we ask is that when there is a problem, you carry out a couple of checks to ensure it's nothing internal so we know it's something external.
I have written up detail on this here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119921.0.html - I wrote this to try and explain why we ask for the own domain checks to be completed.
delaneya
Grafter

For infomation for anyone else in the Bingley area this is the reply I got from suport. Looks like we are getting somewhere
Good afternoon,
I have investigated your issue and there are a few too many throughput issues in the Bingley area at present. As such I have taken this to our suppliers and asked them to investigate the backhaul network as opposed to simply sending an engineer out to you.
Due to the current workload we expect that we will not receive an update for 48 hours so I am going to place this ticket on hold until I return back in the office which is Monday. At this point I shall contact our suppliers for further details and then update yourselves with the latest information, this could be work completed, work to be completed or a request for further checks on your end.
I appreciate your patience and apologise for the delay along with any inconvenience this may caused.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net/ or by phone on 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi delaneya,
One of my colleagues has picked this up, I'm trying to collate a bit of extra data to help him with the case, do you remember what it was like on Tuesday between about 8am and 4pm and whether or not it was better (not necessarily normal) after 4pm. The graph attached shows the packet loss on the link out of the exchange your connection and a few others are on. You posted in the morning here saying you were still seeing a problem so if you can remember roughly how slow it was that would help as we can see from the monitoring who we think is affected. I think we've 6 that have reported problems but if that graph correlates with your experience we can add a few others who haven't spoken to us yet which might help get it fixed.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
delaneya
Grafter

Packet loss could explain why downloads of a 2mb file would stop at around 180k. Tuesday I was not at work when I tried checking works email it must of taken 5 min to load up. When trying to download off steam I will have been getting between 600 bytes/s and 70 kbs. Bt keep saying there is a issue and also keep saying its fixed to just reopen it again. my internet was working as expected last night and will give a update what its like when I get home tonight. I had a few hours on sunday too when it was all working as expected.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Thanks, that makes sense, here's the graph for yesterday, looks fine for most of the evening so correlates with what you saw. We've sent the other example users and graphs over to BT which should hopefully help find the cause of the problem.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology