cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with my parent's broadband

JEB
Grafter

Issue with my parent's broadband

My parents have a problem with their broadband.  The connection has been up and down like a yo-yo and I was originally going to raise a fault.  However I thought I would first swap the router to one of my spares to rule out that being the problem.  Turns out it must have been the router has the connection has been solid ever since.
However the line now seem to be stuck at 0.5 Mbps, while beofre it used to sync at over 6 Mbps from memory.  I assume DLM reduced the speed due to all the resyncs.  The new router has been connected for about 3 weeks now and I restarted it a week ago to see if that made the DLM increase the speed but it didn't.
Could someone take a look please?  My parents are the only referal on my account and I can PM their username if need be.

Thanks.

James
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Issue with my parent's broadband

Hi JEB,
As I suspected it looks like an SNR reset is what's needed here. I've just submitted one so I'll come back to check profile on BT's side a little later so that I can adjust the profile on our systems to match.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JEB
Grafter

Thanks Adam.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, I've just increased the profile on our systems up to 6100knps to match the BT profile so that should be sorted now.
Any issues just let us know.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JEB
Grafter

I was at my parents' house earlier and everything is back to normal  Smiley
Many thanks Adam.