cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this delay in removing the 0808 facility normal.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Is this delay in removing the 0808 facility normal.

Received this email this morning
The fault you raised using the Broadband Fault Checker has been closed on 02/11/07. As your fault is fixed, the 0808 free dial number for your account has been removed.
Note the date the fault was closed
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable

Re: Is this delay in removing the 0808 facility normal.

Seems reasonable to me, its well within 6 months. Wink
Sounds like somebody has been doing some housekeeping, in the past its been taken away from me almost straight away when the fault has been closed.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Seems like it indeed, as I had a similar email yesterday too.
I'm just curious to know why it's taken this long for the component refreshes/email notification to take so long!!!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hmmm, not sure why you've received that but Mand's had one too. I'm going to take a look into it now and raise a problem if needs be.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Rikaitch
Grafter

Also had a referral contact me today with an email from PN about losing her 0808 friaco account back in September. 3 hours later, her account died altogether.  Undecided
Not applicable

Any hint of an update on what happened here Bob?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looking into this, I think I've figured this out. When the fault checker is instigated the 0808 number is added to the account as backup access. We then follow the fault through and raise to BT where necessary, once we receive notification that the fault is resolved from BT the 0808 number is removed. However in the instances I've seen of this so far the faults weren't actually raised to BT and were just closed as normal tickets. Therefore I worked out the dates from when the fault was raised up until when the 0808 number was removed, they were all around 180 days (give or take 7 days).
I'll see if I can confirm this and get back to you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.