cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a problem with Madasafish usage figures?

ciderboy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Is there a problem with Madasafish usage figures?

I've just had a usage warning so went to look at my figures for this month.  This bit stood out:
Aug 15 2012 1.35GB 53.95MB 1.4GB
Aug 16 2012 1.35GB 53.95MB 1.4GB
Aug 17 2012 1.35GB 53.95MB 1.4GB
Aug 18 2012 1.35GB 53.95MB 1.4GB
The fact that it's all identical looks highly unlikely to me - particularly as I was away on the 18th (my wife was around but hardly uses the internet).
Could someone please check this out for me?
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Is there a problem with Madasafish usage figures?

That's because of a problem we've recently fixed where usage wasn't displaying at all. For certain customers (MAAF mainly) the usage accrued over the missing period is averaged out and put down as the same for each day. So the overall figure is correct, just the individual day may not be.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ciderboy
Rising Star

Thanks Chris,  I knew there would probably be an explanation.
alanr1303

Watch out, this problem has NOT been fixed.
I've just been charged for 6GB extra when my total usage for the month was 12GB on the 20GB package Sad
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@alanr1303
I can see that your ticket(#60248450) has been updated and this should be resolved for you once everything has been actioned and no extra charge will have been incurred.
This looks like it was prior to this issue being fixed.
If you have any questions with this please let me know.
Chris

Tiredwithitall

Please note this problem has persisted in November and December so it has not been fixed.  The "averaging" approach doesn't work (it pulls usage from one month to the next) and you can't track your usage.  When I complained and said I wasn't going to pay for usage above 20gb (in November they say it was 7gb but this month it is 28gb), they put a cap on my account which slowed it to a snail's pace!  Their mistake, I suffer!  Tried to call but the wait time is over 30 mins. Their response to tickets is that their system is working fine!  Oh dear.  Premium price, poor service.  Only one option.  Bye!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
When Chris said the problem was fixed, he was referring to the specific issue on alanr1303's account.
The averaging out is not a problem in the sense that it's not doing what's intended.
I see you spoke to one of my colleagues this morning, please let us know if you're still having any issues that we can help with.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.