Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a problem at the moment? [SOLVED]

ratbag
Grafter

Is there a problem at the moment? [SOLVED]

Hello,
This is difficult as I've just built a new system so I don't know where the problem lays.
The problem is that web pages are either not loading fully, not loading at all, always waiting for something to transfer etc. Sometimes I refresh the page or click the link again at it's there in an instant. This happens on any site even google. If no-one else is experiencing this then it must be my system I suppose, though I've no idea what.
Thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Is there a problem at the moment?

I had this problem wen I had a Time Computer, it was the RAM, You can try removing the RAM and use a peas of paper to clean the contacts.
Warning

Make shore you ground your self, or you will fry your RAM.
ratbag
Grafter

Re: Is there a problem at the moment?

I sorted it out, it was the kerio/sunbelt firewall causing the problem. I uninstalled this from my old system a while ago because it was giving me a blue screen randomly. I thought I'd try it again in my new system, but now I've uninstalled it for the last time. I found a free firewall called comodo which had some good write-ups and it seems to be okay at the moment. I don't really need a firewall behind my router but I'd like to keep an eye out for outbound traffic.
Sorry, why am I telling you all this? Grin
Anyway, the problem is solved.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Is there a problem at the moment? [SOLVED]

Watt OS do you have?
If you have windos XP you need to tern off the XP firewall.  The XP  firewall will conflict with your firewall.  Wink
I yews:
AVG Anti-Virus.
Zone Alarm Firewall.
AVG Anti-Spyware.
Best of all, they ar all Free.  Cheesy