Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my account being restricted?

trebor4460
Dabbler

Is my account being restricted?

Hi guys,
i am just posting to enquire how i find out if my broadband speeds are being restricted.
i am on Broadband plus up too 8MB.
Yesterday i noticed my speed had dropped from around 4500 kbps to 250 kbps.
I checked my router and it is consistently running at downstream- 5664 kbps
upstream 448 kbps,
i am not being throttled at the bt exchange as my profile is 4500 kbps.
My teenage daughters are at home on hols at the moment  Cry Grin and hence my usage so far this month is peak time - 4.12 GB,  off peak 18 GB.
My question is will this usage incur  restrictions? and if so should i have received an email from plusnet to let me know?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Robert.
4 REPLIES 4
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Re: Is my account being restricted?

Sounds like your connection is being managed now as the "Peak" usage allowance for BB+ was 4gb
IIRC, you should have got a email advising you that you were approaching your 4gb limit - it could be worth checking your postmaster account to see if it's in there Wink

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
Yep, Broadband Plus has a peak time allowance of 4GB so that will have caused the slow down. Take a look at this page for more details:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_plus.shtml
Depending how your off peak usage spreads out you might find that Broadband Your Option 2 is more suitable for you.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
trebor4460
Dabbler

Thanks for the replys guys, i guess i am being managed now, checked my email accounts and nothing  Undecided
trebor4460
Dabbler

Quote from: Peter
Could try BBYW Option 3 (20GB paid for usage) during the summer and switching down again to BBYW Option 2 (8GB paid for usage) during term time. This will cost you an extra fiver a month through the summer holidays, but when you downgrade to BBYW Opt 2 again you'll be paying the same as you do at the moment for twice the usage.
As dave says this will depend on how your usage is spread through the day at BBYW products class any usage between 0800-0000hrs as "paid for".

Thanks Peter, thats a good idea.
Dont know why i havnt swapped over to at least option 2, complacency i spose.  Undecided