Did you mean: 

Is my DLM profile stuck?

FIXED
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Is my DLM profile stuck?

Hi

Openreach were doing fibre work in my area a while ago and caused several disconnects. SNR went from 3dB to 9dB with matching loss in speed.

I tried a couple of router resyncs without sucess so left it hoping it would sort itself out.

After over 50 days (9dB 5216 Kbps) connection with no change I went away for 4 days last week so switched my router off hoping that it might kick the DLM into action. No such luck still on SNR 9dB 5216 Kbps

I have tried phoning customer service but keep getting wait time messages of over 30 minutes!!!

Any suggestions please?  Or is waiting on the phone my only option?

3 REPLIES 3
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Is my DLM profile stuck?

I'm no expert but it sounds to me as if as if it is stuck, or banded, due to disconnections. Unfortunately, this is what happens.

First thing is to make sure that line your ADSL line stats are OK. Errors etc. Look at stats in router or use a program such as DLstats or Routerstats to monitor line condition over time. If OK, asking on here for a DLM reset will get a response, just needs a bit of patience until PlusNet support staff pick it up. 

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Fix

I'm resetting your line to 6dB for you. I don't think anything was particularly 'stuck', but DLM was acting slow. Are you ok to monitor over the next few days?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you MattyC that has gone through and is now synced at 6.4dB and 5799 Kbps. I need all the help I can get with my 47dB attenuation line. Many thanks.

I have RouterStats installed so will keep an eye on it!