Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible?

Woody3600
Grafter

Re: Is it possible?

Hi Jo,
Sorry i forgot over the weekend haha I've rebooted now so you can run your tests 😃
Thanks, Chris x
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Chris,
You'll have to run an up to date BT speed test before I can raise it.
Jojo Smiley
Woody3600
Grafter

Just ran the BT Speedtet again Jo, here are the results 😃 x
1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
5.76 Mbps

0 Mbps 7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5.76 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 7.17 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
0.82 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.82Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

We have identified that you have additional services enabled on you broadband line, please click continue to run advanced service tests.
Woody3600
Grafter

Side note, i don't know whether you were able to do anything before you finished for the day, but since i posted those results, the ping has risen to about 30 from 15 (bad), download has risen to 7.5 from 6.8 (good), and the upload has gone back down to 0.35 from 0.88 (bad)
Also, it drops connection all together every 90 minutes or so, for about 30 seconds, then comes back online.
Look forward to your reply in the morning x
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Woody3600,
Ok, It looks as though what I did yesterday has now taken effect. I've just changed your profile so you should see a considerable increase shortly.
Jojo Smiley
Woody3600
Grafter

The ping is back down to 19, Download is up to 12.5mb  Cheesy
The upload seems to be capped again at around 0.3 though, can you uncap it again for me please? Smiley
Thanks x
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Woody3600,
I've set the profile to give you the uncapped upstream. I'm surprised you're only getting 12.5 speed though. is that wired or wireless?
Jojo Smiley
Woody3600
Grafter

Wired i just got http://www.speedtest.net/result/1899575212.png
Wireless i get http://www.speedtest.net/result/1899582396.png
So yeah it's decent now 😃 Just the higher upload speed is missing but hopefully that'll improve soon x
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not the best wireless result. What router are you using? Have you considered home plugs? The upload should kick in soon I'd hope. Smiley
Woody3600
Grafter

It's a TP-Link of some description haha It's almost twice what it was previously wirelessly so i'm perfectly happy with 11-12 haha Plus the wired connection that has 19 goes into the back of my xbox, which is where i want the speed mainly. Download for gaming, Upload for my youtube channel 😃
I was able to upload a video that normally would have taken about 140 minutes, in 50 a couple of days ago before it capped again so it's all fantastic, thank you so much Jo. I'll let you know if/when the upload increases.
x
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Woody3600,
The upload is a strange one. When our suppliers set the profile for me it looks like they set it at 448 instead of uncapped. I couldn't place the normal modify order to put it back as it was already showing uncapped. A line check does show the profile as 448 though, so I've used a tool we have to change the profile. If that doesn't work I may have to place an order to cap it, wait as day then place another uncap order. Let me know how it goes.
Thanks.
Jojo Smiley
Woody3600
Grafter

It's still sat at 0.35 ish Sad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Woody3600,
Ok, well as it's set on the back end as uncapped I've placed an order to cap it, then will place an order to uncap it tomorrow. Thanks for your patience. I have detailed this on a ticket.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Woody3600,
The cap order completed so I've placed the uncap order now. All should be tip-top by tomorrow when it completes.
Jojo Smiley
Woody3600
Grafter

Hey Jo,
That's fantastic Smiley I will of course let you know if all is well tomorrow, thanks again for your superb support, you deserve a pay rise Wink
Chris x