cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get into openreach modem on safari?

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Is it possible to get into openreach modem on safari?

Can you access the BT openreach modem without hacking or tampering with the hardware? IP addresses for the modem if there is any or a web page like for home hub is http://bthomehub.home.
the reason why i want to do this is so i can see what data the modem holds!
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Is it possible to get into openreach modem on safari?

No
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I have heard somewhere you can! Even if you plug laptop directly into openreach modem?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Without hacking it you can't
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

you can plug your computer directly in via the ethernet port and create a PPPoE connection for internet access, but you won't be able to get the stats, as Jim has already pointed out. Twice.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

@Oldjim, if hacking it what would you get out of it? I have 2 BT open reach modems. so if one breaks i can use other one
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I have hacked BT open reach modem via a very helpful website http://www.psidoc.com/showthread.php/761-Hacking-BT-Infinity-HG612-Openreach-Modem. ; It has a faster upload by 2 meg
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Quote from: JamieDanjoux
if hacking it what would you get out of it? I have 2 BT open reach modems. so if one breaks i can use other one

One can access its stats, it can be used as a router on its own with all normal routing functionality...