cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to forward all traffic to an internal IP?

sukeshn
Dabbler

Is it possible to forward all traffic to an internal IP?

I have an internal machine which is running my firewall. Is it possible to forward all traffic to this machine? The setup looks like this

Internal Network (192.168.1.0/24)  <------>(192.168.1.2)  [Linux Firewall] (172.16.1.1) <---- >172.16.1.254 [Technicolor TG582n] --- (Public IP)
The technicolor has a private range of 172.16.1.1/24
I've disabled the firewall on the techicolor, but I want all traffic destined to my public IP to hit my Linux Firewall. Can this be done?
2 REPLIES 2
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Is it possible to forward all traffic to an internal IP?

The best way to achieve this would be to put the TG582n into bridged mode, and letting the firewall do the rest. This thread has information on the subject.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Is it possible to forward all traffic to an internal IP?

As kmiburn says, bridged mode is proably the best way. You would need to change the WAN setting on the Linux firewall from DHCP ( I assume at the moment ? ) to PPPoE and configure it with your Plusnet username/password. Once done, then your Firewall WAN IP would be your public IP.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.