cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Me or is Plusnet really hard work.

FIXED
alcorn63
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Is it Me or is Plusnet really hard work.

Is it me or is Plusnet really hard work.
Back in October my account was due for an yearly upgrade of the contract was ending. I accepted a new package at £18.99 per month including all calls. Then totally out of the blue I was cut off completely, 100% Plusnet fault. After complaining I was assigned a customer agent to get me back up and running with a new account, the problem was the package I had taken at £18.99 had gone so I had to take take a new package at £22.99 which only included weekend calls. The customer agent then applied a £4 package to my account to increase itit to anytime calls. The problem I have now now is that the slow fibre package at 36 GB is now available at my cabinet. However Plusnet won't honour my discount package if I took out an upgrade to fibre. Also the cost on uSwitch is at £31 customer services want me to pay £36 a month. Is it me expecting too much from Plusnet or is this just the norm? I can hand in my notice to Plusnet and pay them £131 pound to leave, and take out a new package with a new supplier that will cost £25 a month I will be financially better off than staying with Plusnet at £36 a month. But it's all the hassle of changing? Am I expecting too much from them to discount the package and honour there compensation package agreement, or shall I just cut my losses and move. Trouble is my principles is saying why pay them more money when it was their mess that created this originally that's got me in this situation. At the moment I just feel let down and aggrieved & I'm unsure what to do for the best. I'm going to think on over the next couple of days to make sure I decide the right thing and hopefully I'll have a couple of replies to this post by then, maybe help me out making this choice
10 REPLIES 10
alcorn63
Rising Star

Plusnet Hard Work

Is it just Me or is dealing with Plusnet Really hard going?

Back in October my yearly account was renewed for another year ,standard slow Broad band including calls @ £18.99 a month. Then out of the blue everything was cut off and my previous account deleted by mistake.  I was left with nothing 100% Plusnet fault . Anyway I complained and was assigned a customer agent to get me back up and running . Trouble was the offer taken at £18.99 had gone and was now £22.99 but with only weekend calls . So I took it to get myself back up and running,the customer agent then applied a £4 call package to the account to give me my calls package . I was then reimbursed for the calls used for the month. Now however the slower 36gb fibre package is now available at my local cabinet I'll get around a 15gb upgrade. But! Plusnet won't honor the applied compensation discount against the new account if I upgraded.plus it's advertised on Uswitch at £31 and they want me to pay £36 a month. Am I being unfair or expecting to much for Plus Net to apply a bit of customer service?  I can leave now and pay Plusnet £131 for leaving early and cut my losses & simply move to a new supplier for everything all in for £25 or persist with Plusnet to try and get a better deal ? Or just cut my losses and go ? My experience has left me feeling dismayed to be honest that why I'm asking if it's me expecting to much from them? I'd be better off financially paying them to leave and then paying the new supplier £25 a month than paying £36 but my principles are saying why pay Plusnet more money for a [-Censored-] up they created in the first place .

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Is it Me or is Plusnet really hard work.

PN had contracted to provide you with a service at a certain price for a certain amount of time; the fact that they cut you off does not cancel that contract, in fact they should have compensated you for any time you were without the service they'd contracted to provide.  Your mistake was to accept a new contract at a higher price.

Do your calculations, and if it is cheaper to remain with PN until the current contract expires, do so.  If it is cheaper to pay PN to leave early, take that option.  Just make sure you read some of the customer reviews of the other ISPs you are considering.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Presumably there is nothing in writing to confirm that you had accepted the very good £18.99 offer. My guess would be that unless you had listened all the way through the standard terms and conditions spiel that the agent has to go through and you accepted them that Plusnet had not completed their side of the deal. So unless all this has been recorded there was no bilateral agreement.

If you want to upgrade then that's a new negotiation. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

alcorn63
Rising Star

There was but my old account was completly deleted when account was closed down in error. To be honest it was a bit of a panic ,no broadband or phones , so was relieved to get service resumed be it 10 days later and with a totally new account. I should have taken the option to change to another supplier when I had the chance . I als realise trying to upgrade to the slower fibre option which has just become available in my area is a completely new contract . But trying to get things passed from one to the other is not easy. To be honest I'll probably move on to another provider after Christmas is over as have had enough with PN. Probably me expecting to much. Trouble is they advertise good rates. But only offer them rates to new customers. Existing with contracts etc have to go with the higher premiums.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@alcorn63 

Let's get this sraight:,are you saying that you had a contract running at £18.99 per month, which Plusnet accidentally deleted then refused to reinstate at the same price? If so then that is totally unacceptable.

Mind you if you are going to upgrade to fibre then as I said earlier, this is a new contract that you need to negotiate from scratch.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

With PN's limited capability of dealing with customer problems should we be made aware of a person or department  who deals with things that are a higher level than basis day to day glitches?

PN's pricing does not seem to be either clear, consistent or customer friendly. A lot of goodwill could be gained byy cutting down on variations leaving customers feeling that they have got a poor deal even if in reality it is quite a good one. For example the cost of using a PN landline for calls is prohibitive without the optional (!) addon.

alcorn63
Rising Star

Yes 100% My contract was ending and I took a new deal,price match ,at ,£18.99 basic broadband with unlimited calls as fibre was not available at the time in my village location.. It was supposed to start a week later ,and then on the day it supposed to have renewed it was just disconnected in error & account deleted, & contracted ended. I then had to have a new account, opened from scratch ,with a new telephone no. The customer agent who sorted had the new telephone sorted in 4 days, broadband in another 6. I chose the cheapest basic package at the time £22.99 with weekend calls.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @alcorn63,

I'm sorry that you've had this experience and for the inconvenience caused. I can see that @Gandalf has ownership of your complaint and is going to be discussing this with our sales and retention team when. He will contact you by 7pm today at the latest.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
alcorn63
Rising Star

Hi thanks for your comments and advice ,all are much appreciated. I can confirm all has now been sorted at the lower original quoted cost for the 36gb fibre broadband with calls. PN have also agreed to honour the original applied discount and transfer it over and apply it against the new fibre account for the duration of the new contract.. Replies on here genuinely have been very much appreciated and having a proper discussion here does make a difference in the end it allows you a proper platform to vent your greviances with like minded people.Plus if your wrong about how you feel your told so also ,so it works for everyone all-round . It Helps !! . I just wish PN wouldn't make things so difficult for existing customers and not hike the prices up when in contract already on thing like upgrades etc. It is obvious existing customers are going to look at PN current offers online and Plus Net should try harder to match these offers to their loyal existing customers instead of trying to charge them more. It's been a bad renewal experience with PN this last 2 months but at least now it's all sorted and can be forgotten about going forward . My thanks to customer agents, Anoush &; Neil for putting up with my rants and helping me get a fix.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the post back and kind words @alcorn63

Apologies for the issues you've had with this and I'm happy to see I managed to get this sorted for you. 

I'm going to be keeping an eye on your account to make sure what we've discussed falls into place.

Fingers crossed that we can put this all behind us now but feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet