cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Usenet down?

HuddersfieldNic

Is Usenet down?

I haven't been able to log into usenet.plus.net all day (Thursday). Everything else seems to be working fine.
Service Status has a nice, big tick in the left-hand column but, like other items, uptime is showing as a set of zeroes.
I'm using Thunderbird under Linux on one machine and Agent under Windows on the other and I can't log on with either so I'm pretty sure it isn't me.
Kind regards,
Nick
4 REPLIES 4
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Is Usenet down?

I'm using news.plus.net and having no issues - you shouldn't need to login to the news server, though there were some issues a few days ago possibly caused by some IP addresses or some other issue with Giganews.
What is your present IP address? (Block out the last 2 octets when replying) - you can either get it from your router, or a site like http://www.whatismyip.com/
You can change the IP address by dropping and restarting your connection from within your router's GUI.
If you have a static IP, that won't help, of course...  Cool
HuddersfieldNic

Ah yes... switch it off and switch it on again. I didn't think of that because everything else seemed to be working. But now I've done it, usenet's okay again.
Many thanks,
Nick
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Seems to have worked for others, so generally worth giving it a go...
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: HuddersfieldNick
Ah yes... switch it off and switch it on again. I didn't think of that because everything else seemed to be working. But now I've done it, usenet's okay again.

You haven't posted the IP you were on. Bob Pullen posted more about this here: news://usenet.plus.net:119/SoadnVp7v6su9-bOnZ2dnUVZ8iSdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)