Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Anybody getting problems with Broadband Connectivity

Soulsville
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Is Anybody getting problems with Broadband Connectivity

I have been getting problems with staying connected to Plusnet for at least 12 hours
I can be connected for 5 minutes then I get cut or maybe 30 minutes or even longer then get cut.
I saw that there is a problem flagged in The Service Status on PN Help & Support.
I rang customer support, who gave me the old run around that it is my fault or my router etc etc
Why can't PN admit it, when there is a fault?
Is anybody else getting this fault?  getting cut off for no reason?
I can remember a month ago when quite a few of us were subjected to unfair throttling for 3 days
PN denied there was a fault, when there was one.
I have been connected for an hour now so I am keeping my fingers crossed
Soulsville
Sad
41 REPLIES 41
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Is Anybody getting problems with Broadband Connectivity

I presume you are not losing sync from the way you have phrased you post? If you are, it's nothing to do with PN.
If you're not losing sync, the CS guy should have checked which customers are likely to be affected. I assume you refer to problem 52424. So if you're not losing sync, ring back, quote that problem ID and ask who is affected and am I one of them?
Personally, I've had no problem, still connected.
Regards.
Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi  Anotherone ,
I did quote the problem and i asked if I was one of the customers affected and he said no.
What is the best way to check if it is a sync problem?
Soulsville
Anotherone
Champion

The very simplest way, if you are watching your modem/router lights when this happens, is does the ADSL (DSL or SYNC whatever it is on yours) light stay solid or does it start flashing.
You should be able to double check by accessing you router stats.
Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi Anotherone
Thanks for replying
After I have been cut off the sync light stays on solid
Soulsville
Anotherone
Champion

Try and have a check to see if your exchange has any (admitted by BT) problems by going to http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ and inputing the relevant info. Be careful about posting detail of the results if you wish your location to remain undisclosed.
Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi Anotherone
I have checked the exchange details via your link
and there is no faults or problems at all.

I just wanted to add since I have spoken to PN
I have not been cut  
I have been connected for over 3 hours at the moment
Soulsville
hamilton36
Grafter

Quote from: Soulsville
I have been getting problems with staying connected to Plusnet for at least 12 hours
I can be connected for 5 minutes then I get cut or maybe 30 minutes or even longer then get cut.
I saw that there is a problem flagged in The Service Status on PN Help & Support.
Soulsville
Sad

Hi, Soulsville,
I am using Voyager210 Router and it used to drop the line at least 3 times a day. I posted messages to this forum and tested the line, but the outcome was that it was probably my line. As the router is not connected to the main telephone box but to one upstairs, I accepted that the line has intermittent fault and left it at that.
Then, 2 weeks ago my computer crashed (Bad_Pool_Caller) and I had to rebuild the whole system.  When I was ready to connect to Broadband I could not do it.  After many attempts I fired up my old computer and tried to send a message to this forum using a dial-up connection and a modem.  I could not!!!!  Thinking that it must be a complete impossibility that Plus.Net, Orange and Tesco are all out of action, I picked up the telephone and to my surprize (and relief) the line was dead.  It was dead of night by then - 2.00AM - so I left it and went to bed, but I crept out at 6.00AM to see if the line was working. Dead as dodo!!  But, but 7.30AM I got the dialing tone and, miraculously, I got connected to Broadband instantly.
The point of this story is that since then I stayed connected and the line did not drop once!!!
I did not report the fault to BT, but I suspect that the fault was not in my house but somewhere outside.  I cannot imaging BT engineers creeping about in the dead of night looking for faulty lines, but it looks that way.
Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi hamilton36
Thanks for sharing your story.
I was getting cut off, but my phone was still working
otherwise it is the same problems I am facing.
i have indeed been connected since about 10.00 am this morning
I have not dropped the line since I rang PN at 10.05.
It could well be an external fault.
Thanks
Soulsville
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

BT do a lot of automated testing, it could be that your problem was identified that way and fixed.
Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi HPsauce
Hopefully you are right, thanks
Soulsville
Soulsville
Rising Star

Alias I have been cut off again.
I lost my connection yet again
So it's back to the drawing board again
Soulsville
Cry
Trebor
Grafter

I've had this problem for a long time.
I know it is Plusnets fault because recently I was migrated away against my will to Pipex, long story.
While I was on the Pipex service my service was rock solid for the month or so it took me to migrate back to Plusnet, whilst with Pipex my connection never dropped once and my speed was between 1200 and 1600 mbs.
Once back on Plusnet my speed dropped to around 400 mbs a second and my connection started dropping again.
Its now back up to what seems a stable 900mbs, but my connection still drops, the DSL light remains on but I can't connect to the internet.
A friend who is a telecoms engineer has tested all my equipment, settings and the PC manufacturer have sent an engineer out, my equipment is all OK.
Plusnet are inflexible on this and insist that  BT engineer comes out even though my own tame engineer has been out.
I'm moving some time soon, maybe it will sort its self out then, I've given up on Plusnet CS they just send out standard replies to questions.
Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi Trebor
Thanks for that.
I think you could be right it does seem PN are to blame
Everytime I am cut, my green light is rock solid as well
I bet i will be cut soon as through the night is the worst.
Cheers
Soulsville
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: Trebor
I've had this problem for a long time.
I know it is Plusnets fault because recently I was migrated away against my will to Pipex, long story.
While I was on the Pipex service my service was rock solid for the month or so it took me to migrate back to Plusnet, whilst with Pipex my connection never dropped once and my speed was between 1200 and 1600 mbs.
Once back on Plusnet my speed dropped to around 400 mbs a second and my connection started dropping again.
Its now back up to what seems a stable 900mbs, but my connection still drops, the DSL light remains on but I can't connect to the internet ...........................................

Ah, but were you on Pipex's LLU product in your exchange, in which case it was different equipment. And you're now back on a BTw bit of kit, so it will be BT's fault not PN.
Quote from: Soulsville
Everytime I am cut, my green light is rock solid as well
I bet i will be cut soon as through the night is the worst.
Cheers
Soulsville

Your problem is a bit of a mystery at the moment. I take it you're back on since your post at 1848.
Can you post your router stats that show details about connection times?