Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iplayer on Wii.

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: Iplayer on Wii.

We made a change to try and fix it just before Christmas but nothing since and I don't know of anything specific that would've caused any problems over new year. I'm going to be testing it out today to see if there's anything else we still need to do.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Is everyone that is affected by this problem on either Value or BBYW1? If so I think I've found the cause of why it may not be working some of the time.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
davebiffuk
Grafter

I'm on BBYW2 - sorry if that blows your theory apart... Sad
acorns
Grafter

And I'm on Premium.
Migrated in part from BBYW1 to get the necessary usage to be able to do this.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

davebiffuk - has it been fine since New Year's Day? In which case I have an idea why it broke then.
acorns - has it been fine since switching to Premium or are you still having problems? If so when was the last time you noticed a problem?
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
davebiffuk
Grafter

It seems to have been OK on 3rd January (having been wonky on 1st/2nd) but I haven't used it on 4th or 5th.
minicat

HNY.
I'm on value, still buffering every 20 to 30 seconds.
No problem on Freesat iPlayer beta.
David
danj

I've been watching this topic for a while as I'm keen to start using the iPlayer on the Wii and have been experiencing the buffering every ten-twenty seconds that others have had problems with.
It was the same this weekend but I tried it today (around 1800) and the twenty minute programme I watched only buffered once (and this was a very short burst) throughout. I am on the Value package and I haven't changed anything my side, and my speeds have been constant for a while.
I can only assume this means that the fixes put in place by Plusnet have worked. Smiley Very happy.
speninem

Dave
FYI and further to your earlier post, I am on Value also - as noted by minicat above, Wii buffers (but haven't tested again today) but no problems with Freesat beta - however the Freesat beta i player doesn't seem to carry as many programmes as on the Wii i player so would like to get the Wii fixed if possible.
Will try out the Wii i player again later to see if any change.
Thanks for your continuing attention in solving - great service!
Kind Regards
quackers
Dabbler

I'm afraid I can't see any improvement with iplayer on the wii. It buffers every 30 seconds or so for about 15 seconds - this is regardless of the time of day. It has shown this behaviour ever since I downloaded it around a week ago. I hope plusnet will be able to find a solution to this.
danj

I spoke too soon I'm afraid. The problem was back this morning at around 10 when a programme became unwatchable again due to constant buffering. I guess I must have been lucky yesterday.  Embarrassed Will keep trying.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm still looking at this, I think it's just a couple of little things that are left to do which I've just put a change control in to finish off the permanent fix and hopefully will resolve this.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
quackers
Dabbler

I tried it agan tonight and it was great - hardly any buffering at all. Whatever's been done seems to have worked !
danj

Yep, same here. I used the Wii player at around 6 last night and watched three short programmes with no buffering at all.  Smiley The problem seems to have been solved (for me at least).
pentwyn
Grafter

Have any config changes been made yet, or are these good performance reports just a coincidence?