cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ip profile drastic drop.

iqramhafezji
Dabbler

Ip profile drastic drop.

hey can someone help me regards to my ip profile. recently i had lot work going in the house so there where lots of disconnection with the modem. but now i have lost my download speed and capped to 17mb from 70mb. also lost my upload speed as well. please if anyone know how to fix this let me know.
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Ip profile drastic drop.

I would imagine the disconnections have caused BT's systems to think there is a problem on the line so it's lowered your IP Profile.
What happens if you run http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and then the Further Diagnostics? What's your IP Profile there (it should match the Plusnet one)?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi iqramhafezji,
I've taken a look at your line and I can see there's a fault with the service. Can you visit http://faults.plus.net and our Faults Team will be able to raise this with our suppliers and get this fixed for you.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

multiple duplicated posts removed - bloody forum software
iqramhafezji
Dabbler

thank you for helping, i did raise fault but i haven't got any ticket number or anything.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It's Ticket: 83949548  for your reference Smiley
iqramhafezji
Dabbler

hey chris
can you please tell me whats going on, do i need to do anything?.
my line speed is still at 17mb do i need to switch my modem off and turn it back on?
thank you
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi iqramhafezji,
The ticket has been raised to our Faults team and they'll provide you with an update within the next 48 hours. Leave your equipment plugged in and powered on so that they can run any tests should they need to. They'll be back in touch with you as soon as they can.