cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ip profile bump

shadowff6
Grafter

Ip profile bump

As far as I'm aware my connection hasn't dropped for a while and I'm on a 20meg profile at the moment, can this be bumped up please? Line tests suggest 60+
Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Ip profile bump

If our profile is set to 20000 it shouldn't be causing you any restrictions, what speedtest results are you getting?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shadowff6
Grafter

BT Speedtester is showing 37mb down, 1.6mb up.
To be honest, despite being part of the 80/20 trial, I never saw my speeds change from the numbers above throughout.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I never saw my speeds change from the numbers above throughout.

I'm not sure why that might be the case but seeing as you've just upgraded to the new fibre product bear with us a few more days for the order to complete and you should see an increase in speeds.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
shadowff6
Grafter

Will do, Thanks for the fast responses  Smiley
shadowff6
Grafter

Still finding that I'm stuck at 37mb down.
I tried the BT speed test again (After realising I hadn't done the proper one before as Java wasn't working properly). The results show that my downstream  IP profile is at 38.72Mbps, but that the upstream is 20Mbps. I'll attach the image.
Having not received the proper speeds during the trial I am slightly concerned that something is not quite right with my line. I do recall asking about being stuck at 37mb whilst on the trial and I believe Joanne told me to start a line fault investigation (Which I didn't get round to doing to be honest). Either that or I'm just being impatient!    Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

hmmm... can you drop me a PM with your username, just having a little trouble finding your account.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just looked further into this, although your upgrade isn't officially due until the next billing date (13/9) I've made some changes to your account which should allow for faster speeds now.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
shadowff6
Grafter

Still stuck on the same speeds as before unfortunately.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I would suggest running another speed test to make sure it hasn't changed, if it hasn't when completed turn off the router and then RESET the Openreach modem. When the Openreach modem is back in sync(DSL light will be stable) turn your back on router on, wait an hour and run the speed test again.
Hopefully this will solve it for you, if your still having issue's let me know and I will chase this up further.
Chris
shadowff6
Grafter

Still stuck at the same speed after following the steps above I'm afraid.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

OK, it is a case of needing to raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net, there will be a few diagnostic checks to complete, this will then send a report to our faults team to investigate.