cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet light flashing

billtait101
Hooked

Internet light flashing

I keep losing my internet connection throughout the day and night. The internet green light goes out for between 30 sec to about 5 minutes, if any longer I switch off and switch on the router which restarts the internet within 30 seconds (The internet is flashing when connected). I have replaced the microfilter and carried out a quiet line test. Any ideas???

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Internet light flashing

Hi @billtait101 If you are on an ADSL connection, as I assume you are as you posted in that board, I will post below my standard response. Please DO NOT switch the router on/off - this will only make the DLM think you have even more problems and make it even more aggressive. Good ideas , replacing the filter and carrying out the QLT. - what was the result, please?

Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

John
billtait101
Hooked

Hello John

As I said I replaced the filter and carried out a quiet line test. Muted the phone and no crackling or other noise heard. I have noticed the internet light going off even with no devices online. Should the internet light be flashing? Since posting my first message the internet has dropped out twice.

Bill 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Bill, As I said, that was a cut & paste of my standard reply for this type of problem, and I forgot to edit out the bits you refer to above, sorry.

Good to know your phoneline appears to be OK, but we do need more detail, as requested in the linked post.

The internet light will flash even with no apparent traffic - usually just keeping your connection live.

John