cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet is down again

danielplatt
Grafter

Internet is down again

Can someone please look into this. My router just straight up disconnects the internet randomly and does not automatically reconnect This certainly seems like a router issue rather than a service one. So here I am, unable to remote into my server at home because once again the routers disconnected itself for no damn reason.
All i want is consistent internet, and ever since fiber was installed all i get is rubbish. Help, please.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Internet is down again

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about this. I've just been running some checks and can't see an obvious cause so I'm going to advise heading to http://faults.plus.net to raise a fault and I'm sure we can help you fix that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
danielplatt
Grafter

Down again today when i got home, again no access to my server all day at work. You won't seen an obvious cause because its not a service problem, the service isn't the problem. The problem is the router is restarting itself and then not connecting again. I no this because the local ip of my server is changing every day i get back meaning it has been assigned a new local IP. This is not caused by a line fault or a service fault as the problem is not necesserily no internet, the problem is the router is physically restarting for no reason, this can only be a router fault. Can someone send me a new router?
the link you provided Adam is no good because my internet is fine, its not the internet that is down or slow, its the router.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

the link you provided Adam is no good because my internet is fine, its not the internet that is down or slow, its the router.

OK really sorry for overlooking that. One thing we'd need you to do before we'd deal with a replacement is to try a factory reset, the reason being as that can often resolve issues like that without the need for you to wait for a replacement to arrive.
Can you give that a try please and let us know if that's helped? if not we'll get a replacement out to you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team