cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping out intermittently

charliesgrandad

Internet dropping out intermittently

My internet is dropping out intermittently but usually at or around 6pm, My service is via a telephone line, I have checked the primary line connection via the test socket and changed the micro filter both with no effect.

My Sagemcom router is directly connected to the primary BT box via a micro filter, the router is less than 2m from the computer and I have tried using a wired connection with an ethernet cable again with no effect.

My usual download speed is 15mbps and I live less than 20m from the BT exchange.

The dropout is not a computer or software problem as other internet equipment drops out at the same time.

Has anybody got any ideas?    

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Internet dropping out intermittently

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection

I've looked through your connection logs and we aren't seeing any drops at 6 pm as shown below

In terms of the line itself, our tests aren't showing any causes for the problems you're experiencing.

When the connection drops can you confirm if the internet or broadband light goes off?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
charliesgrandad

Both the Broadband and Internet lights (green) go dark and sometimes blink but don't remain steady, this can last anywhere between 2 and 15 minutes, it can happen at any time but is more prevalent around 6pm.

Could the router be at fault? 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @charliesgrandad, thanks for the update.

As you've been through all of the standard troubleshooting, the next step would be to raise a fault at faults.plus.net

If you can let us know when you've done this, we'll be able to get right onto it for you.