Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnecting

Afran
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Internet disconnecting

HI there,
I would just like to report that my internet has disconnected a few times in the last few days and I'm curious what you guys can see from your end, to see what's causing this. For example, it occured at approximately 1:20-1:25am today and around the same time in the last two days.
Appreciate you looking into this,
Afran
9 REPLIES 9
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Internet disconnecting

Have you checked if your phone line is OK with no background noise?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

It doesn't look like its dropping that often from what can we see

Are you using a wireless connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Afran
Rising Star

Hi there,
Not dropping frequently indeed, but more than it had been previously. As said, experiencing a disconnect once at least the last few days, before this none at all, so was just curious as to if you could see what's causing it.
I don't use wireless. Smiley
I basically lose complete connection and the router will reset and reconnect 5 minutes later.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

What do you mean by the saying the router resets? Does the light status change? Have you been able to try another router?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Afran
Rising Star

The internet light indicator goes red, turns off and reconnects to green over 5 minutes basically.
Not got any other routers to try, just using the one provided.
Afran
Rising Star

Had it happen again, literally just now, so I'm sure you can see the disconnect given the time indicator. Considering this interruption in connection could damage my work I do need it looking into and fixing please.
LukeS
Grafter

Hi Afran,
If the drops are only occurring between midnight and 6am it could just be maintenance at the exchange. The bad news is if it is that, there isn't anything we can do about it. However, the good news is that it should only be for a short period.
Afran
Rising Star

Hi LukeS,
It is indeed occuring between those stated times. It's been going on for a week now though, any way you'd be able to find out of there's maintenance on-going and have an ETA on it being finished ?
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

It can be quite startling to find out what's going on behind the scenes when you are actively monitoring your connection, as I have been since having some peculiar problems with mine before Christmas.
Recent overnight disconnections:
28/1 - 3 loss of synch 0554, 0653 and 0724
29/1 - 3 loss of synch 0502, 0523 and 0725
2/2 - 6 losses of synch 0252, 0426, 0444, 0519, 0553 and 0738
3/2 - 1 loss of synch 0704
5/2 - 1 loss of PPP 0245, 2 loss of synch 0501 and 0638
Two comments - one is that it's impossible to find out whether they are due to maintenance at my exchange or elsewhere on the system, the other is that if I’d not been monitoring I would probably still be in a state of blissful ignorance, as I don't use the connection at those sorts of times  Cool and they have not (so far) affected my connection parameters.
My exchange is Sheffield SHARROW by the way - is yours the same by any chance?