cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet always dropping out

rory69

Internet always dropping out

My internet connection has been dropping out intermittently for the last few weeks. The drops happen at random sometimes every 10 minutes sometimes every hour but always multiple times a day, and the drops last for 1-5 minutes and no devices including iphones or laptops can connect to the internet. Whilst the internet has dropped the broadband light on the router is a solid green and the wifi light is still flashing green however the "internet" light will be absent or red until the connection resumes. I have been through the basic checks of checking the phone line the micro filter and the master socket and they seem to be working fine. I was wondering if a member of plusnet staff could help as this is very infuriating and I will have to change internet provider if this continues.

Can anyone help with this issue or has had a similar issue that needs resolved.

Cheers, Rory

2 REPLIES 2
woljap007

Re: Internet always dropping out

getting the same problem been using using plus just over a week as I just joined and not impressed at all.

Running speedtests via ofcom's site and the results speak for themselves. I will monitor this for a few more days, if there is no improvement, then I will take them to ofcom

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Internet always dropping out

Hi @rory69,

I'm sorry that your connection has been dropping and for the inconvenience that this is causing you. I can see that since writing this post you have discussed this with a member of our support team and that they have tested your line but have been unable to determine the cause of this problem. They have advised that you run through some troubleshooting checks - you can see the details of these checks on the ticket on your account here. Please let us know if these checks don't resolve the problem.

Hi @woljap007, I'm sorry that you're experiencing poor speeds. I can see that our support team have reset your line settings to try and resolve this issue. Please keep an eye on your connection over the next 24 - 48 hours. If you don't see an improvement in your speeds, please run through the troubleshooting guide here and let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team