cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Speeds dropped from 70mb to 1mb ' Sheffield BTw fault ' since Thursday!

Justin7
Grafter

Re: Internet Speeds dropped from 70mb to 1mb ' Sheffield BTw fault ' since Thursday!

Thanks Chris
pnuser
Grafter

Re: Internet Speeds dropped from 70mb to 1mb ' Sheffield BTw fault ' since Thursday!

nope - no improvement
-- not so awful this morning
-- getting worse all day and just gone horribly slow again here (4pm) - cannot even get into google drive or download a
.. just the same as the previous couple of days
  Cry  Cry  Cry
AndyH
Grafter

@ pnuser
Are you on the Mosborough exchange too? I was looking on the BT Infinity forums and someone was saying speeds were back to normal (previously had seen speed drops this time in the evening). Might be worth seeing if disconnecting/reconnecting from your router helps.
Justin7
Grafter

Hiya
Got home to find speeds still really low and ping high with drops.   Sad
The speed is quicker than it has been all week, so something has improved things, but still missing at least 60 mb download and a steady low ping.
On Mosborough exchange - have rebooted the kit but still not back to normal.
I notice BT have closed the issue on their site - nice !
At least PlusNet haven't done that - if someone can give BT some 'feedback' we'd appreciate it!
About time this got sorted - 7 days and counting.....
AndyH
Grafter

The same user who thought it was back to normal is now saying it's slowed down again: http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Infinity-2-slow-speeds-during-peak-hours/td-p/1077266/page/25
Bob's ping graph is beginning to show the peak time packet loss again
Justin7
Grafter

Anyone from PlusNet  Cool  able to update us on whether BT  Roll_eyes  are looking into this yet? 
pnuser
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
@ pnuser
Are you on the Mosborough exchange too? I was looking on the BT Infinity forums and someone was saying speeds were back to normal (previously had seen speed drops this time in the evening). Might be worth seeing if disconnecting/reconnecting from your router helps.

up in rural Scotland  Roll_eyes
curious why rebooting router would help when the service declined with time while I was using it
still treacle this evening
expect it to begin to improve a fraction about midnight !
AndyH
Grafter

From the BT Infinity forums:
I was told today they had identified a network cable fault that links Worksop, Dinnington and Mosborough through to Sheffield. Sadly no fix expected until sometime in December I was informed.

Seems like Openreach/BTw aren't too forthcoming with updates...
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

There are capacity issues affecting Mosborough exchange with a capacity uplift scheduled for mid December. BTw are trying to bring that forward to November. Whilst looking at mine and other's circuits over recent days two line cards on the core were found to be erroring too. Those cards were swapped out this morning. Yes there's so!e signs of latency/packet loss on my lines tonight but that's been the case since late October and has been gradually getting worse over time (tell tale signs of a capacity issue). Tonight has definitely shown a marked improvement for me compared to the week or so previous.
@pnuser, by the sounds of things you're not affected by this particular issue due to your location. I imagine your problems are the result of something else.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pnuser
Grafter

curious - any ideas to help
I had a boringly normal service for months and months
No changes here of any kind
until all this started at the weekend.
Have rebooted router a number of times, likewise the laptops ..
yet again things have improved again now we are past midnight, to a somewhere near about 65% of our normal - (which is not very fast at all in comparison to you all down south)
At 4 pm for the last few days the service goes like treacle only about 15% of normal, will not load pdf attachments on emails, nor a full page of facebook for instance. Gmail has to go to basic html to function.
If you can help me sort this I would be incredibly grateful. What do I need to do ?
dick:quote
Justin7
Grafter

Thanks for the info Bob, I agree things have improved but not fixed to how things were before last week.
Is BTw  likely to recognise this as an issue needing fixing sooner than mid december or do anything in the interim to further improve things? 
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@pmuser
It seems that you had hit your usage allowance on your product, so your speeds have been restricted during peak times(4pm-12am).
Your billing date is today so your usage is due to be reset and your speeds should pick back up, it's probably worth looking at either our essentials or unlimited product which would firstly be cheaper and if you went for unlimited there's no usage limits.
pnuser
Grafter

interesting and thank you .. not one single notification sent out.. will investigate - never had an issue before and been with PN for donkeys years.
dick:quote
Justin7
Grafter

Plusnet Guru's, any sign of BTw looking into this further this month?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

There is further work being carried out after yesterdays work, we've asked for the to be expedited but don't have a current fix time yet. We'll provide updates as soon as we have them.