Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent 'no network access'

holmesgroove
Dabbler

Intermittent 'no network access'

Hello
I have brought this issue up before and Jo pointed a few issues but I can't remember what.
I am getting pretty fed up with the amount of times I get 'no network access'. This has happened 3 times alone today and I lose what I have been doing. I then have to 'diagnose' the problem and reset network adapter. What is going on please, as this is becoming unacceptable,folks.
I do remember Jo pointing out that there has be no drop out from your end, but this doesn't really solve the issue.
I look forward to your response,
David
11 REPLIES 11
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Intermittent 'no network access'

Hi holmesgroove,
It's not really clear from your message what your issue is but if you mean your wireless keeps dropping then we have recently published an upgrade to the firmware on the router you have from us. This upgrade has resolved wireless issues that the previous firmware had. The new version is called 8.2.7.8 and can be downloaded here
Jojo Smiley
holmesgroove
Dabbler

Hi Jo,
I'm not sure how else to get my point across. If I was to look at my list of available connections(bottom right of screen) Let's say I'm 'connected' to PlusnetWireless7E8900'. Most sessions when I am on line an exclamation in a yellow triangle and states 'no network access'. I then have to check status and diagnose. This checks everything, disconnects and resets adapter and then shows 'connected' again.
I have software 8.2.7.7.
It has become past a joke now it happens on a daily basis more than not. I was downloading something last night and within the space of 8 minutes it happened twice.
Please advise, as clearly I'm not receiving the service I'm paying for and quite unhappy with this.
Best,
David
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi David,
You would need to upgrade  to the newer firmware. See my last post for the link on how to do that.
Jojo Smiley
holmesgroove
Dabbler

Hi Jo,
I misread. I thought the upgrade WAS 8.2.7.7. Sorry.
Going to do that now.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries, this upgrade solved most issues of that type.
holmesgroove
Dabbler

Now I don't have the login details to access the router. Oh dear!! Anything we can do about that?
hamilton36
Grafter

Quote from: holmesgroove
Hello
I have brought this issue up before and Jo pointed a few issues but I can't remember what.
I am getting pretty fed up with the amount of times I get 'no network access'. This has happened 3 times alone today and I lose what I have been doing. I then have to 'diagnose' the problem and reset network adapter. What is going on please, as this is becoming unacceptable,folks.
I do remember Jo pointing out that there has be no drop out from your end, but this doesn't really solve the issue.
David

David,
Same here. Could not log on for 2 hours this morning. Various error messages: "DNS failed"; "No Response"; "mail.plus.net not available", whilst the router shows that I am connected to the router provider's default network.  I cannot watch anything on BBC iPlayer (in the dead of night!) without dropping the connection at least once and having to reload! 
It must be something in my house that recognizes Plus.net but not the router default gateway (??).
I cannot but conclude that Plus.net can no longer cope with more customers, so I would suggest that it is not in our best interest to recommend it to anyone.
Alex
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi David,
the username is admin and the password is the serial number of the router which is in the underside and begins with the letters CP******** This password is case sensitive so don't forget that the letters are uppercase there.
Jojo Smiley
holmesgroove
Dabbler

Quote from: hamilton36
Hello
David

David,
Same here. Could not log on for 2 hours this morning. Various error messages: "DNS failed"; "No Response"; "mail.plus.net not available", whilst the router shows that I am connected to the router provider's default network.  I cannot watch anything on BBC iPlayer (in the dead of night!) without dropping the connection at least once and having to reload! 
It must be something in my house that recognizes Plus.net but not the router default gateway (??).
I cannot but conclude that Plus.net can no longer cope with more customers, so I would suggest that it is not in our best interest to recommend it to anyone.
Alex

Alex
I've pretty much had it all in with Plusnet. The call plan changes and the continual joke of a broadband service. 6 hours to download 584mb because of loss of connection. I've just carried out the firmware update that Jo suggested, so fingers crossed this will fix those issues.....and indeed speed things up a little. Give it a try also as I can understand your annoyance.
I must say though, the staff on here are really helpful and we must share a thought for them. Thanks Jo.
David
WWWombat
Grafter

I'm not sure how else to get my point across. If I was to look at my list of available connections(bottom right of screen) Let's say I'm 'connected' to PlusnetWireless7E8900'. Most sessions when I am on line an exclamation in a yellow triangle and states 'no network access'. I then have to check status and diagnose. This checks everything, disconnects and resets adapter and then shows 'connected' again.

This kind of behaviour seems more to do with the wireless connection between PC and router, and less to do with the router being in sync with the exchange.
I get the same kind of behaviour with my laptop after it has been hibernated a few times, and go through the same "diagnose" procedure a few times. Eventually, I have to go for a full reboot anyway. My case is probably more to do with the drivers that the wireless environment, but you might be getting a mix of the two.
It is worth checking what kind of wireless signal you are getting, both when close to the router, and in the place you normally use the PC. Relocating the router, or angling the aerial(s) can make a difference.
It is also worth checking whether you are getting interference from any neighbours' WiFi - and if so, to choose a channel with less interference.
Both of these can be helped with a tool like InSSIDer.
And of course, if you just want to verify that the cause *is* wireless, you could use a wired connection for a while, just to check.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
holmesgroove
Dabbler

This has been a great help. I would never have thought to look into this at all. Since the firmware upgrade things seem to have improved also. Your help is much appreciated, oh and that inSSIDer is awesome! Cheers.