cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent issue

sully666
Grafter

Re: Intermittent issue

Have swapped Microfilter but have not put cable into test socket.  Is it ok to do that without upsetting tests?
sully666
Grafter

I am now plugged into test socket.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

That's absolutely fine. If you could leave everything connected in this way, that'll be perfect.
sully666
Grafter

Any timescale on the issue being resolved. Atmosphere emanating from my sons room is frosty to say the least  Roll_eyes
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We would expect that you will have an update within the next 24 hours.
sully666
Grafter

Good news. Not sure I can stand much more of the stony silences. Weird that the upload is higher than normal and the download is much lower  Undecided
jim:quote
sully666
Grafter

BT phone engineer has been but not found issue at my end. Now gone to check at exchange. If he can find nothing there I will have to take another day off work so a BROADBAND engineer can come out. Really hoped it would be a simple fix.
Also wishing I had stuck with BE even though there was likelihood of having to go to SKY, as I had 3 years with them during which the only disconnects were if I had to switch the power off or there was a loss of power.
Lost almost 3/4 of my down speed  Cry  and an estimated 45 minute wait to speak to someone doesn't help.
sully666
Grafter

Just got off phone and have to endure another 72 hoursof appalling speeds to see if line stabilises.

REALLY wish I hadn't joined now  Angry
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

When would be best for an engineer for you, starting from Monday? (I may be able to get a Saturday appointment, so please bear this in mind).
sully666
Grafter

Earliest I can do now is Monday 11 Nov after 1pm as that is my half day at work. Becomes more problematic after that as we are very short staffed at the moment.
It isn't as if I can use my old BE Thomson router as that appeared locked when I tried to use it at first start up, and funds don't stretch to trying anything else.
sully666
Grafter

Borrowed some cash from my son to buy a TP-Link TD-W8968 300Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem Router in the hopes it improves things.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm awaiting for the telephone fault to be cleared off, as soon as this is done, I'll get a broadband fault raised for you, in the meantime, please let us know how you get on with the new router when you do receive it.
sully666
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
please let us know how you get on with the new router when you do receive it.

Grin Sent my son out to get it and now waiting for him to go out with his friends before I attempt to set it up 
(He is still unhappy that poor speed has affected his X-Box Fifa 14 standings)
sully666
Grafter

Well the new router has got through the night without disconnecting. How long does it need to stay connected before the speed goes back up?
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

If it stays stable over the weekend but doesn't get any faster, the DCT guys should pick up this thread and order an SNR reset. 10dB downstream attenuation means you should get pretty much full speed on your line.