cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet drop out

desperate1

Intermittent internet drop out

Hello, I have been waiting on the phone to find out what is wrong with our connection (for exactly 36 minutes today. I am still hanging to find out what is wrong with the internet drop out, but I wonder if other people too are finding it difficult to get through on 08004320200?

Is it worth waiting more than 31 minutes? I rang three times last week, once for 48 minutes, and each time lost the will to live. But the internet has not improved with this strategy.....

7 REPLIES 7
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Intermittent internet drop out

Morning @desperate1, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of your connection issues and of your issues with our Customer Support Centre.

We've run a series of diagnostics on your line and we're able to see the scale of the dropout problem, as illustrated below, where we can see the red/green lines indicating lots of drops of late:

image15436496871995

On further investigation, we've detected a fault with the phoneline component of your service. Fortunately, it's what's known as an external fault, which is an issue with the Openreach infrastructure outside of your premises, and so you shouldn't need to wait in at all for an engineer. We'll of course update you if this changes.

We've raised a detailed fault report to Openreach for their investigation and they have given us an estimated response time of by 23:59 on 05/12/2018. Please note - this is an estimate and the issue could be resolved before this time. If this is the case, we'll send you a text and email to let you know.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and please don't hesitate to drop us a message over social media should you need anything else in the meantime.

desperate1

Thanks, Oskar, for your message. And also for explaining what the problem was.

Meanwhile, somebody from BT seems to have been at my house, asking for me. I was not in; you said, the engineer would be able to fix the problem externally. The BT person said that they would ring me. I haven't heard from him/her. Could you check if BT has fixed the problem?

With many thanks,

d1

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @desperate1,

I'm sorry that you haven't heard back from the engineer after they promised to call you.

I've had a look into this and they've carried out work externally but tried to visit your property just to check whether the work that they'd done had resolved the issue.

Looking at your connection log, things look to have been much more stable since this work was carried out:

Please keep an eye on your connection over the next few days and let us know if you experience any further problems or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

Regards,

Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
desperate1

Dear Emily,

Thanks for responding. HOWEVER, I have been keeping an eye on things and I am getting increasingly irritated because the situation has NOT been resolved. In our area, engineers need to dig a little hole to access the connection and this has clearly not happened as there is no sign of digging outside our house. So, I am having the same problems and would dearly wish somebody would actually DO something.

Best wishes,

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @desperate1 

I have reviewed your connection again. 

I appropriate that you may not have seen any dig work being completed, however, this does not mean that engineer did not attend and work was not carried out. it does appear that your connection is much stabler that it previously has been, but we would of course like to monitor this with you for the next few days to ensure this carries on being the case. 

Please let us know if you notice any erroneous drops and we can look for the corresponding visual readout on our side. 

Thanks,

MoR

desperate1

nothing has been fixed. the problem persists and is getting worse.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@desperate1,

The connection has become stable much more stable at 3 and a half days so far:

It looks like the line was banded, though. I've reset this and the speed has increased to what it should be at which should be noticeable in about 15 minutes this reset will have caused a drop on the line.