Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent drops of internet

Beachy1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Intermittent drops of internet

Hi
I have plusnet for the past 18 months with very rare internet problems. It has always stayed connected flawlessly with about 38mbps download. I’m 200 meters from the green cab so I was happy with that on the 40/80 package.

However recently it has been losing sync on occasion. I mean the internet drops. Normally about three or four times a day. When it drops I can see the sync light flashing trying to reconnect to the internet and eventually if left alone for about 15 mins it does connect. Until next time. It seems to be dropping mostly in the morning and early evening.
Things I have tried.
It is always plugged into the master socket which is double type that needs no filters.
Turning the router off and on. Result - it is still having trouble syncing.
Changed the RJ45 for a new one. It connects but still has drops and trouble reconnecting sync to the internet
I was using a netgear nighthawk modem router. I checked the settings and I can see it is losing sync. (This router does need a firmware update but saw no point as it was previously working fine)
I bought a new TPLink modem router set it up. The internet still has intermittent drops and it takes about 15 minutes to sync again.
We have various device both wired and on WiFi. All devices drop so it’s not a WiFi problem.

Any advice welcome
6 REPLIES 6
Beachy1
Dabbler

Re: Intermittent drops of internet

Ohhpsie
My bad
I think I put this in the wrong place
I don’t have ADSL
I have FTTC
Sorry
Could a nice admin move it for me
Many Thanks
Chanel6979

Hi iv had problems with my broadband from since day one . Key having to reconnect my phone and iPad to it sometimes up to 12 times a day !!! Can’t get Netflix most of the time !! My upload speed said its 0.7 mb is this to slow and that’s been the problem? Please help !!! 👍
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Beachy1 

Whilst testing your broadband connection Ihave found a fault on the service. This fault is the likely cause of the broadband issues you are experiencing. 

I have updated the broadband fault ticket you opened with the next steps - can you please read and reply to it with the information requested? 

Give us a yell on here once you have so that we can pick this up and get it escalated to our supplier asap. 

Thanks, 

MoR

Beachy1
Dabbler

Hi
Thanks for testing the line
I just replied to the email.
Edit Silly me - it was an auto response email addy.

Anyway where do I reply?

Sorry I’m struggling as I have no access to pc right now
Beachy1
Dabbler

Never mind I figured it out
It’s on the help assistant.
Terms accepted !
Let’s hope we can be stable again :😊 strange how it’s been stable for over 18 months and suddenly goes freaky

Many thanks Plusnet community
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Apologies for the delayed response @Chanel6979

From what we can see your connection is mostly stable as shown below

I've just tested your line which will have caused a drop so don't be concerned about that one.

Your speeds appear to be fine as your current speeds should be around the 11mbps mark which should be more than enough for watching Netflix. The upload speed being 0.7mbps is fine as well. This is due to you being on standard broadband which only supports upload speeds of up to 1.2mbps depending on the length of your line.

Based on what you've said about having to reconnect your iPhone and your iPad I suspect your issue may be with the wireless signal.

Can you try going through the guide here and see how you get on? 

@Beachy1

Thanks for updating the ticket.

We'll get this updated for you shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team