cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent drop outs, day of no service at all and now 0.4MB download speeds

FIXED
rebob307
Dabbler

Re: Intermittent drop outs, day of no service at all and now 0.4MB download speeds

Have the same problem myself. Engineer been out and sorted everything. Seems to be that speed etc is reduced if you use it. Not impressed myself 

MDidcock
Dabbler

Re: Intermittent drop outs, day of no service at all and now 0.4MB download speeds

HI Runhare

Thanks for sticking with this (PN could learn a thing or two from you!) 

The ticket isnt showing as closed  and further I seem to be adding an almost daily update to them which I hope will keep them live.

The complete lack of response is a huge issue.  I feel like cancelling my direct debit as I am confident someone will be in touch rapidly.

I have also left a scathing but honest review on Trust Pilot 

Will update when (if?) anyone from PN bothers to get in touch

MDidcock
Dabbler

Tickets still show as open (see attached) also I have specifically asked that they remain so...so below which also details some of the continued failings/lack of response:-

Help Assistant

Ask a question or view your answers

Your questions

Question #165711698 - Your Feedback

< Back

[CSA Removed] - CSC - CS Escalations
1:13pm, Monday 8 Jan 2018
****internal***

Customer called regarding engineer visit, nobody turned up. Customer was not pleased as they took time off work. Customer wants to cancel and so I suggested to transfer him to COT but he refused. He stated that he will cancel his direct debit from his bank.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst
5:40pm, Monday 8 Jan 2018
AH called as no engineer has attended. ECO + had option to reject clear and book appt. AH not willing to accept another appointment and will speak to COT to cancel.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

Your Response
8:19pm, Monday 8 Jan 2018
For completeness I was asked to accommodate a further BT appointment yet was only offered "am or pm". This was rejected as I could not afford a further day away from work. I asked for a more specific time or indeed a call an hour before as I work 10 minutes from home but this was not offered to me reverting to either am or pm.

I called your cancellations team where the staff member was rude and constantly repeated that my only options were to speak to Faults Team to resolve the issue or pay £30 fee to cancel. I asked for a manger and a lady called [CSA Removed] spoke with me and reiterated that I had to pay £30 ( to cancel the contracted service that you are failing to provide!). Further she stated it was a cost passed to PN by BT and that it was merely PN being reimbursed for an external cost they had no control over. I queried who would reimburse my costs. I told [CSA Removed] that I would not pay the £30 until my costs had been reimbursed and was told to speak with Technical/Faults who would agree any recompense. Technical ([CSA Removed]) advised that the BT engineer had not updated his report yet so he couldn't comment. He agreed to call my mobile (which I reconfirmed) by COB 09.01.2018 to advise.

Your Response
8:28pm, Monday 8 Jan 2018
I have just been emailed advising it is now £49.99 to cancel. Please show me where I am required to pay this and provide a build up to to the sum claimed such that I can refer this to Offcom

Your Response
12:26pm, Wednesday 10 Jan 2018
Despite assurances no call was received from yourselves yesterday.

Please show some courtesy and respond to my previous requests.

Your Response
1:09pm, Wednesday 10 Jan 2018
Despite assurances no call was received from yourselves yesterday.

Please show some courtesy and respond to my previous requests.

[CSA Removed] - Customer Support Centre
4:23pm, Wednesday 10 Jan 2018
Dear Mr Didcock,

Thank you for getting in touch,

I apologise for any inconvenience we have caused you, in regards to the cessation charge query, please give our customer options team a call on 0800 013 2632 as they will be able to provide you with all the relevant information you will need to cancel your contract with us

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Email notification sent to: [Removed]]

Your Response
3:11pm, Sunday 14 Jan 2018
Sorry not an acceptable resolution.

Please contact me (such that I dont waste any more time sat in lengthy queues and being passed between teams).

When calling please have to hand details of the compensation offer to cover: 
1. Loss of service
2. Limited service thereafeter
3. Wasted day for your no-show BT engineer

Once a mutually agreed level of compensation is reached and paid I will then discuss the termination charge with you.

For clarity I request that this 'ticket' / issue remains noted as Open and Unresolved - please ensure such.

M.Didcock

Our Support Team will respond to your question soon. Please only add further comments when absolutely necessary.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information (email address) removed from a public forum.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post released from Spam Filter and removed.

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Well @MDidcock first off you can expect the names you posted here to be censored - as per forum rules ! (@Mav will do that no doubt )

Next I think Plus Net owe you an appology and compensation for failing to communicate with you. 

Im amazed that things have got this bad and I'd agree they need to take action with their agents to improve the responses they give to customers.  It's simply not good enough . 

Whenive had time to digest the situation I may come back with more comments but in the meantime I hope someone from Plus Net staff picks this up and makes contact with you . 

MDidcock
Dabbler

Well an update on the issue......nothing of note but for the sanity I others I will share the entire experience.

1. Perpetual Loop between Tech and Cancellations (redacted as rules) - note the lack of response on compensation

Your Response

3:11pm, Sunday 14 Jan 2018

Sorry not an acceptable resolution.

Please contact me (such that I don’t waste any more time sat in lengthy queues and being passed between teams).

When calling please have to hand details of the compensation offer to cover: 
1. Loss of service
2. Limited service thereafter
3. Wasted day for your no-show BT engineer

Once a mutually agreed level of compensation is reached and paid I will then discuss the termination charge with you.

For clarity I request that this 'ticket' / issue remains noted as Open and Unresolved - please ensure such.

M.Didcock

XXX XXXXX - CSC Analyst

2:47pm, Monday 15 Jan 2018

Dear Mr Didcock,

Good afternoon

Unfortunately, we are not able to process cancellations via tickets.

Please would you be able to call our customer options team on 0800 432 0200.

Kind regards,

XXX XXXXX

[Email notification sent to: XXXX@XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]

Your Response

10:27pm, Monday 15 Jan 2018

I will happily speak with Customer Option yet not until compensation has been agreed and paid to me.

Can you please respond to my numerous requests for this.

Thank you

M.Didcock

Our Support Team will respond to your question soon. Please only add further comments when absolutely necessary.

2. Lack of response re compensation and tests required :

Your Response

4:33pm, Saturday 13 Jan 2018

Still no response, update, fix or mention of my credit !!

Speeds reported today at 1630 Hrs are Ping 3471ms Download 0.2 mbpd Upload 0.05mbpd. The " fix " you have applied has obviously not worked and in fact has worsened the situation.

Please afford the common courtesy of 1. A reply 2. A Fix to resolve and 3 My credit (see previously reported issues).

Award WInning Customer Service at its very best ......

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX - CSC Analyst

8:47am, Monday 15 Jan 2018

Dear Mr Didcock,

Thank you for getting in touch. There are a large number of potential reasons for slow speeds and sometimes these are difficult to track down. Please follow the link below for the first steps towards resolving this issue: 
Slow Speed Help 

Click play, to watch a guide on how to see if you’re getting the best possible speeds from your connection. 

The link is www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwYVcq3o4aE

If you continue to experience problems after this, please raise a fault online via this link: 
Raise a Fault online 

We're happy to help if you have further questions. You can reply to this message online

Kind regards,

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

[Email notification sent to: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]

Your Response

10:54pm, Monday 15 Jan 2018

Have watched the video and followed the instructions.

All results are attached a a pdf to this message. As you will see Download speed of 1.83 mbps !

Please read all recent notes on my file regarding the issues with service. There is an external line issue quite simply.

I thank you for responding but again Plusnet ignore all my requests for compensation. I simply can not undertake any more tests or spend time on the phone.

Please respond regarding compensation.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @MDidcock

Sorry to hear you've had connection problems. It looks like your service is now fixed but I noticed we've not offered you a refund or gesture of goodwill so I'll update ticket 165729211 soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MDidcock
Dabbler

@Gandalf  Thanks for your message.

Yes the service has finally been restored, unlike the customer service levels I expected which sadly seem lacking as demonstrated by the posts above.

I can confirm that an offer of compensation has been received although one mirroring the customer service provided and such sadly far from acceptable.  Please see the next post for details as I wish to present the entire open and honest experience to all other users.

MDidcock
Dabbler

A further update for those following the saga...

It appears a reset was undertaken by PN which has solved the issue - why did this take so long ?

I have reviewed your open fault ticket to find that the engineer was not sent out as planned, we do apologise for this but after chasing it up with our suppliers it turns out that BT cancelled the visit as their line test confirmed your connection was working. We were unaware of this at the time, which is why we advised you to keep the visit, we had no idea this has been done. However upon checking your line I can see it is working and found that your speeds had become banded due to the original fault. I have since reset your line and your speeds are already improving to just over 8mb, you may not see the improvement immediately but the changes I have made today should show within the next 24 hours. 

I can see that you have been in touch regarding cancelling your service which will have to be left to our customer options team but as far as the fault is concerned I believe it may now be resolved, should you continue to have issues please let us know and we will happily help you as best we can

I have also (following the kind intervention of Gandalf) been contacted regarding the monetary side (redacted messages as forum rules) :-

XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX - CSC Analyst

3:33pm, Thursday 18 Jan 2018

Dear Mr Didcock,

Thanks for contacting us via our community forums

I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with your connection

As promised, I have now issued you with a refund of £6.23 to cover your subscription charges you have paid whilst your service was in fault. Please allow 5-10 working days for this to be processed by your bank or building society.

As a gesture of goodwill, I'd like to offer you 2 months free broadband.

Please let us know if you're happy to accept by replying to this ticket.

Kind regards,

XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

[Email notification sent to: XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX]

XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX - CSC Analyst

3:34pm, Thursday 18 Jan 2018

[Internal]
https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Intermittent-drop-outs-day-of-no-service-at-all-and-now-0-4M...

Your Response

9:33pm, Thursday 18 Jan 2018

Dear XXXXXXXXX

Firstly thank you for responding to my request.

Unfortunately I do not feel that the level of offer kindly made has any reflection upon the issues (fully documented) that I have experienced.

I appreciate that you appear to have made a pro rata offer for the time without connection yet I do not see any recompense for the prolonged period of poor speed (sub 0.5MB).

The gesture of 2 months free equates to around £33. Please reconsider this mindful of the lack of proactivity by PN and lack of response by PN staff. Further also consider I was advised to have a BT engineer appointment which was a 'no-show' compound by no communication from BT or PN resulting in a loss of 1 days pay.

Finally, please also give due regard to the issues with service I reported many weeks ago which were never resolved and resulted in me buying a new router on the suggestion of your staff.

In the spirit of openness the minimum I am willing to accept will be a refund for the charges in January (£16.99) and a gesture equal to the termination charges. As you will note from my messages this seems to varying wildly and such I can not quote a figure save for the highest advised being £49.99. In summary if PN credit my last payment of £16.99 and cancel my service immediately (such that I can procure service via a fibre operator) with no charges I will accept.

I look forwards to hearing from you promptly.

Regards

MDidcock
Dabbler

Further update as the saga continues....

Plusnet only seem to want to state the obvious as its an easy option.  The last message received (see below and redacted) merely states that the service is restored and provide info from the Openreach engineer as to why he didn't turn up....shame Plusnet could not tell me he wasn't coming !

No mention of the charges and a complete disregard to all of the points I have raised.  Mt next bill is due 05.02.18 and due to the complete disregard of my questions/requests I am considering how to resolve this before the payment is taken from my account - advice greatly received.  It seems my only option is to cancel my direct debit - I am confident I will receive a call from PN at this point.  I am staggered that after such dreadful and unprofessional service they continue to ' duck' dealing with this.

XXXXXXX XXXXXX - CSC - CS Escalations

1:53pm, Saturday 20 Jan 2018

Dear Mr Didcock,

Thank you for your response firstly here our the notes from openreach as to why the engineer did not attend the appointment:

06/01/2018 02:55:38 Assurance Clear description: Right When Tested; End User Equipment;All BT tests completed ok, for the reported symptoms. Please retest this service. If you believe there is still a problem after checking your equipment, power and settings, please select the "Reject" option to reopen this trouble ticket. Note that the opportunity to reject the clear will expire at the end of the retest period, and a new trouble ticket will need to be raised. 

07/01/2018 16:07:09 Update The fault has reached PONR, amend/cancel currently can not be accepted - Our diagnostics show the problem you reported has either been resolved or no BT issue has been identified.

16/01/2018 02:55:52 Update Cleared - The fault has been cleared and the trouble ticket is now closed. Any charges incurred during fault fix will be visible under the Charge Details section.

I have run a test on your line and can see that you getting 8.3Mbps into the property i have include my test results below

Status Check

Response issued

Your Response

10:19pm, Tuesday 23 Jan 2018

I can confirm that your service has been restored, unlike my faith in the plus net network or customer service (please refer to the numerous notes and questions on my file).

Please have the courtesy to respond to my message (further copy below) as I wish to terminate my service yet feel strongly aggrieved at the charge levied. This is not acceptable considering your performance with my issue and my losses.

I ask that you kindly respond directly and fully to the repeated message below initially sent to you on 18th January

Thank you

Marcus Didcock

Message follows >>>>>>

Dear XXXXXX

Firstly thank you for responding to my request.

Unfortunately I do not feel that the level of offer kindly made has any reflection upon the issues (fully documented) that I have experienced.

I appreciate that you appear to have made a pro rata offer for the time without connection yet I do not see any recompense for the prolonged period of poor speed (sub 0.5MB).

The gesture of 2 months free equates to around £33. Please reconsider this mindful of the lack of proactivity by PN and lack of response by PN staff. Further also consider I was advised to have a BT engineer appointment which was a 'no-show' compound by no communication from BT or PN resulting in a loss of 1 days pay.

Finally, please also give due regard to the issues with service I reported many weeks ago which were never resolved and resulted in me buying a new router on the suggestion of your staff.

In the spirit of openness the minimum I am willing to accept will be a refund for the charges in January (£16.99) and a gesture equal to the termination charges. As you will note from my messages this seems to varying wildly and such I can not quote a figure save for the highest advised being £49.99. In summary if PN credit my last payment of £16.99 and cancel my service immediately (such that I can procure service via a fibre operator) with no charges I will accept.

I look forwards to hearing from you promptly.

Regards

Marcus Didcock

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Marcus.
I’m sorry to read of the response you’ve received to your (effectively) counter-offer to my offer of a gesture of goodwill.

Please leave this with me when I’m back in the office tomorrow. If you’re around I’d also like to call you back to discuss this further. If you’re happy with this please can you PM me your best contact number and time (Anywhere from 11:30 to 8 )?

-Anoush
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Marcus. We're experiencing system issues with your account which is stopping us from replying to the ticket. We're investigating and we'll update you when we know more.

In the meantime, can I resolve this over the phone with you?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

We're experiencing system issues with your account which is stopping us from replying to the ticket.

That's resolved now. I'll reply to your ticket now.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MDidcock
Dabbler

@Gandalf

Thank you for your intervention to resolve my issue.  As you will note from my response to your question the offer is acceptable to me and I will now proceed to cancel using the details provided.

Regards

Marcus Didcock

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi @MDidcock

I'd strongly suggest you migrate to your new ISP . DO NOT CANCEL your account with  Plus Net , let your new isp handle the migration. 

IF YOU CANCEL your service will be terminated  and you may be without a service of any kind for as long as it takes your new provider to get BT Open reach to reconnect you. If your phone rental has been with Plus Net and you cancel it  a cease will be put on your line and you will have no phone service either. Further you'll have to pay extra to have the line reconnected by Openreach. 

Not trying to scare you. Just telling you how it is! 

Any of the cheaper ISPs, including BT ( or anyone doing a special offer ) will more than likely have a service standard equivalent to that you've  had with Plus Net so if you want better service you'll need to pay a fair bit more. 

Good luck with your move and I'd personally be interested in how you get on with your new ISP so please keep us posted  

Graham 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all @MDidcock

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet