cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent broadband connnection

Sulamaye666
Dabbler

Intermittent broadband connnection

Our internet keeps cutting out, it can take 5 minutes or so for it to come back it is highly aggravating and is probably caused by the tree branch lying across the line down the lane which BT seen  ignore.  I have done the standard checks, but have not taken the wall plaque off because our box has a separate socket for phone and internet anyway, so thhere is no thingy me bob. I can not face hours on the phone waiting in order to report it and as we all know chat is extinct! There must be a way of getting this reported which doesnt involve me wasting an hourof my life???

5 REPLIES 5
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Intermittent broadband connnection

Hi there @Sulamaye666, I'm really sorry that you are experiencing issues, I can certainly see your connection has been dropping.

I have tested the line but this hasn't located the cause of this however, so if you've ran through our troubleshooting checks, I'd advise raising the fault here. If you let us know once this is done, we'll pick it up for you.

In the meantime I would recommend getting the router to the test socket, you'll be able to do this with a microfilter... we will have sent one of these out with the router if you still have it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Sulamaye666
Dabbler

Thanks LaurenB, i have raised the fault.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for raising that @Sulamaye666 - I've updated your fault ticket here.

Best wishes

Dave

Sulamaye666
Dabbler

I accidentally clicked the wrong button on my ticket and it has closed my ticket!! I can’t believe it just does this without double checking!!!! Can you please reopen my ticket?? I was trying to post more info about why i have suddenly been told interleaving is being applied, how long this will take to kick in and how i will know when it has. Okus does this mean i am not being sent a new router to try and that i will have to start all over again ti try and get a BT engineer???

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Sulamaye666,

I'm sorry that the ticket was accidentally closed. I've opened a new ticket on your account now and I've had a look into your queries. You can view my response on the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team