Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Slow Loading Website

liamb2001
Grafter

Intermittent Slow Loading Website

Hi the last few weeks ive been having problems with certain websites
specifically overclockers.co.uk, anything on my own heartinternet hosting as well as a clients own personal hosting. What happens is i goto load the page and the time icon just spins and spins and they either take 5 minutes plus to load or they simply dont load at all and its getting very annoying
, especially as i work from home as a web designer and need a consistantly reliable connnection.
At the times of this happening i have asked others how quick these sites load and its always the same answer...thats its fine for them, as well as turning my phone to 3g and again loading perfectly...I wouldnt be so bad but they are often on broadband 8mb etc and im the one whos on 61mb fibre.
The problem occurs both on wifi and on wired, the router is plugged in directly to the master socket as the BT / plusnet technician setup as its never been touched since so im pretty sure its not my equipment...sometimes (but not always) restarting the router fixes this issue but im getting a little bored of doing this now and would really like to have my line checked and get this resolved, if you could do that for me id really appreciate it
many thanks
Liam
10 REPLIES 10
leader
Grafter

Re: Intermittent Slow Loading Website

Changing DNS settings might be worth a try ?  (google's dns  8.8.8.8 / 8..8.4.4)
Handy Plusnet guide to change DNS settings Smiley
http://www.plus.net/support/software/dns/changing-dns-windows-8.shtml
liamb2001
Grafter

Hi thanks for the reply, i tried both and it made no difference
im looking for a more permanent solution as well.
Another site i van now add is the royal mail website...another one that just takes forever to lload yet  loads in a snap on my mobile phone
would really appreciate some support on this plusnet
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, where did you add those servers? Also, if it's not DNS, do you notice whereabouts on loading the pages they fail? If you look in the bottom left hand corner of the browser window while it's loading it should show you what the browser is doing, and it'll likely get stuck on one message. Which one's that please?
liamb2001
Grafter

I entered the ip addresses where the tutorial guide showed me
network connections, ethernet, properties ipv4 to be precise
i dont have anything in bottom left of any browser but they fail anywhere between not displaying anything at all and just loading to on overclockers just loading the background then pausing for a few minuites then either timing out or loading, its getting really annoying now as its happening on various sites, please tell me how i resolve this as its happening on my laptop as well both computers have ie and firefox installed
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, if it's loading the backdrop it's not anything to do with DNS timing, it sounds like it's having trouble retrieving content for some reason. Guessing you see the same issues with both FF and IE?
liamb2001
Grafter

Hi yeah thats correct, laptop, pc, ie, ff and google chrome
liamb2001
Grafter

i really need this sorting out its driving me crazy !!!!! 
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've just taken a look over your line from a Faults perspective and can't see any issues I'm afraid.
Are you using the FTTC over Wireless or Ethernet out of interest?
liamb2001
Grafter

Strange, what else could it be then ?
my pc uses wired and my laptop wireless
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

When did the issue start?
We've been having a few issues over the weekend, just wanting to see if the two issues are potentially linked?