cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent ADSL

gavthomson

Intermittent ADSL

Hi Plusnet...I'm getting a lot of drop outs on my internet.

Could you please run a test on my line to check it it's external or if I need to look at internal placement etc.

I'm using a Netgear dm200 as the modem, (your router is pants, sorry) which I hope is not the problem.

Could you also check if I have access to fibre in my box yet, I was told by you guys to check back after a while to see if it's now available.

Thanks and regards
Gavin
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Intermittent ADSL

@gavthomson wrote:

Could you also check if I have access to fibre in my box yet, I was told by you guys to check back after a while to see if it's now available.

If you put your phone number in here you can check for yourself. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @gavthomson,

Thanks for getting in touch and we are sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your connection.

I can see that there were a few drops on Saturday, however nothing since and our tests are not finding an external problem. I have attached an image below of your connection for the last 7 days, please let us know if you are seeing more on your side.

In regards to fibre availability, you can check that using the link provided via @Baldrick1.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
gavthomson

Hi,

Thanks @Baldrick1

@SammyM ,thanks for the upload.  I'm experiencing significantly more drops than that.  I'll look into settings on my modem to see if it's an issue with the 'non-standard' equipment, although it's just started happening so i'm not convinced it is.  I'll check and revert.

On the Fibre thing, my understand from your customer service peeps is that it's available in my area etc. but the cabinet was full or something along those lines, so I was not sure if the link by Baldrick would indicate that, only that it was available for my address. 

Regards

Gavin

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you confirm if you're connected over a wired or wireless connection while you're experiencing the drops?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team