Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving

FIXED
nicki77
Grafter

Interleaving

I was wondering if anyone from PlusNet could possibly confirm whether Interleaving is still enabled on my line please?

I do have another recent thread on here relating to dropout and interference on the line but I've posted a couple of times on it asking if interleaving is enabled over recent days but haven't received a response so have started a separate thread and would really appreciate it if this wasn't merged with the other thread in the hope of a response.

I have a fault open relating to the dropout/interference problem but it is intermittent and currently there has been no interference since Tuesday (something that has happened previously so am waiting to see if it reoccurs) but as the line has dropped out a number of times in quick succession in recent weeks even without interference on the phoneline I wonder if Interleaving has been removed from the line.  It was enabled in Sept 2011 because of instability with my broadband.  At the time my phone was with BT and broadband with PlusNet so it was enabled by BT at PlusNet's request.  Phone transferred to PlusNet in May 2016 and I'm pretty sure interleaving was still enabled then until recently but in recent weeks there has been no obvious evidence of it and I am unable to check myself via my router.  I'm just wondering if it is still enabled and if not, could it be re-enabled please to try and reduce some of the dropout issues.  I know it won't solve the interference problem but I have a suspicion this is caused when it rains heavily and am waiting to see if this occurs again and I will then update the thread as I've already done all the steps requested prior to logging the fault.

5 REPLIES 5
richi
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Interleaving

Post your router stats and we can answer your question as a community (and perhaps take a broader view on the problems you're seeing).

nicki77
Grafter

The router stats won't help much because the Netgear DGN2200v4 has limited stats available on its web interference.  I've attached two screenshots, once from 8 March and one from today.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @nicki77,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've checked your line and can confirm that interleaving is still enabled.

I'm glad to hear that your connection seems to have settled down. Please let us know if you experience any further problems with this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
nicki77
Grafter

Thanks @EmilyD at least that eliminates one issue, although I suspect its not permanently fixed from past experience.  I probably will request an IP Profile reset to see if it will reliably connect at previous speeds as it is now more stable.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems at all.

I've replied to your other thread over here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet