Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving?

Matin
Dabbler

Interleaving?

Hi,
It seems as interleaving has been turned on my line for some reason? I have had a stable line since it has been installed like 3.5weeks ago.
My pings went from 6-7ms to 14-20ms - which is horrible if you play online games!
My speed has also dropped from 62mbp/s to 50mbp/s.
Is there anyway to fix this? Can you guys turn interleaving off for me?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Interleaving?

Hi Matin,
I can see you've raised a Support Ticket (Ticket: 77125339) in reference to this.
We don't have any way of removing Interleaving from a Fibre line, engineers can perform a DLM Reset which can, sometimes remove Interleaving from the line - this isn't really best practice though.
The way that FTTC DLM works, Interleaving would be the very last thing to be removed automatically, as your line needs to be performing very well and pretty much error free. In a nutshell, if your line performs well over time, Interleaving will be automatically removed Smiley
Matin
Dabbler

How long do you reckon that could take?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It depends on the condition of your line. If your line is error free, which I assume it is if there's no noise o your phone lien now, it could take a few days.
I'm quite shocked that you have problems playing any games with pings of 14-20ms. I have ADSL2+ with a ping of around 35ms and can play any games without any problems at all.
Matin
Dabbler

The games I play you need to have a low ping :P! I will monitor the line and see what happens in the next few days.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

14-20ms is a very low ping, but I see where you're coming from in terms of difference between 6-7ms & 14-20ms.
No problem, let us know if we can be of any further assistance.